[ Sat 25th Mar ] v Market Drayton Town, KO 3pm NPL1S AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: [ Sat 25th Mar ] v Market Drayton Town, KO 3pm NPL1S AWAY

Post by bozzer »

i still don't know how we didn't win that, well i do , had we taken our chances when they came to us like we did at Northwich we would have been well in front and it would have been a completely different game, the referees poor performance wouldn't have come into it. But we didn't and it did and we came away with nothing.

I meant to ensure Peaksy was asked about the signings in the interviews but the events of the game kind of took over, those signings were made purely to cover, so if we had a goalkeeping crisis or we end up with no fit centre backs at all. Purse will continue to play at Stortford and Appleton at Barrow Town, and Kemp is still on his season break but they would all come and play if in the managers view we needed them.

Lots to play for still and if we play like that and put away our chances i am sure we will make the playoffs
AFC R&D Member No. 67
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

bozzer wrote:i still don't know how we didn't win that, well i do , had we taken our chances when they came to us like we did at Northwich we would have been well in front and it would have been a completely different game, the referees poor performance wouldn't have come into it. But we didn't and it did and we came away with nothing.

I meant to ensure Peaksy was asked about the signings in the interviews but the events of the game kind of took over, those signings were made purely to cover, so if we had a goalkeeping crisis or we end up with no fit centre backs at all. Purse will continue to play at Stortford and Appleton at Barrow Town, and Kemp is still on his season break but they would all come and play if in the managers view we needed them.

Lots to play for still and if we play like that and put away our chances i am sure we will make the playoffs
He should have brought in a centre half who's going to play now! Trying to play every week with a midfielder or left back, that doesn't really play there is not going to help our play off push. As well as the lads who've covered there have done, they get found out against the top teams and a regular centre half is what's required. Doesn't look like it's going to happen now though
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

They'll play if we need them? I'm not sure that's the case bozzer, because we do need them!

We are DESPERATE for a centre half. Bully is outstanding but he's the kind of the lad that needs, scrap that, DESERVES a rest at some point.

Weve signed 3 centre halves, but none of them are available? Mind boggling. We can't now, but I would've taken delroy back.

Genuine question, Do we have any registered/handy centre backs in the under 21s?
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
bozzer

Post by bozzer »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:They'll play if we need them? I'm not sure that's the case bozzer, because we do need them!

We are DESPERATE for a centre half. Bully is outstanding but he's the kind of the lad that needs, scrap that, DESERVES a rest at some point.

Weve signed 3 centre halves, but none of them are available? Mind boggling. We can't now, but I would've taken delroy back.

Genuine question, Do we have any registered/handy centre backs in the under 21s?
Absolutely respect your opinion, but I don't agree I think Brad is a very very capable centre half, we didn't lose yesterday because of the centre backs, it was because we didn't put away our chances.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

bozzer wrote:
TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:They'll play if we need them? I'm not sure that's the case bozzer, because we do need them!

Absolutely respect your opinion, but I don't agree I think Brad is a very very capable centre half, we didn't lose yesterday because of the centre backs, it was because we didn't put away our chances.
But we didn't have Brad for the last two games, when if one of him and Dolman gets Injured? Brad gave away the free kick that led to spalding winner, not saying he's the first to do so, but he did get caught out a little. Maybe a regular centre half wouldn't have. Either way, a recognised centre back is what's required. Should have kept hold of Jason Lee, can also play left back.
bozzer

Post by bozzer »

Neither Sam nor Quigs cost us any points so that worked ok.
If one of Brad or Dolman gets injured we have some recognised centre backs signed on which in my opinion was a good thing to do to provide that cover.
Jason Lee left because he had an offer he couldn't refuse.

I do understand what you are saying and I think we have been really unlucky with our centre backs this season.
AFC R&D Member No. 67