Rugby Town and Corby Town and others

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Rugby Town and Corby Town and others

Post by Trek »

ivor wrote:Bugger me Paul.! How big is your anorak collection?.
Ha ha, I recall the guy coming on the forum and telling us what TODB stood for. :joy:
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:25 pm Both relegated today. It seems madness that Rugby with the best ground in the NPL South will be playing in the UCL next season, at least it gives us the chance to sign David Kolodynski, if that's how you spell his name.!
Spelling is correct & Rugby have announced he's signed for next season, a waste imo David in the UCL but when it's considered a rude word in football you have to admire his loyalty. A lot I'm sure to do with the returning manager. By January 2018 he will be Rugby's all time leading appearances as well as goal scorer, and if they are not top of UCL another selection of offers will be made to him no doubt.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I suppose he could always sign dual registration forms, One would expect Rugby to bounce back immediately with or without him.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Although I'd imagine he'd be within our price range, we're too far south for him apparently. Think he lives near Nottingham?

I imagine they'd be well out of our price range but I'd love to see Leon Mettam or Connor Calcutt in a diamonds shirt next season!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

If it was me, I'd be trying to tempt some of the Barton Rovers squad - most of which were with St Ives the year they beat us in the Play-offs! :cool:
AFC R&D Member Number 444
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

If mettam is looking for the same money as last year that's not going to happen!

I also think 3 of the barton rovers squad previously of st Ives have gone to st Neots or maybe I didn't read that.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 8:22 pm Although I'd imagine he'd be within our price range, we're too far south for him apparently. Think he lives near Nottingham?

I imagine they'd be well out of our price range but I'd love to see Leon Mettam or Connor Calcutt in a diamonds shirt next season!

I agree Connor Calcutt, would be a good signing, he scored a load of goals for Barton Rovers, last season, knows the league, if we could get him it would be a good signing.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Brownie wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:53 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:25 pm Both relegated today. It seems madness that Rugby with the best ground in the NPL South will be playing in the UCL next season, at least it gives us the chance to sign David Kolodynski, if that's how you spell his name.!
Spelling is correct & Rugby have announced he's signed for next season, a waste imo David in the UCL but when it's considered a rude word in football you have to admire his loyalty. A lot I'm sure to do with the returning manager. By January 2018 he will be Rugby's all time leading appearances as well as goal scorer, and if they are not top of UCL another selection of offers will be made to him no doubt.
Won't be UCL.
Rugby have been placed in the Midland League. The Scottish team have been transferred to the UCL.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

I see Connor Calcutt has joined farnboro, so at least he will not be against us this season