[ Tue 26th Jul ] v Wellingborough Town FC, KO 7:45PM PSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Re: [ Tue 26th Jul ] v Wellingborough Town FC, KO 7:45PM PSF HOME

Post by YoungDiamond »

If we are short on wingers, why didn't we re-sign Elliot Lamb Johnson? He's now dropped down to UCL Divison 1 playing for Bugbrooke. Why would we risk signing on wingers to 'give them a chance?'
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

YoungDiamond wrote:If we are short on wingers, why didn't we re-sign Elliot Lamb Johnson? He's now dropped down to UCL Divison 1 playing for Bugbrooke. Why would we risk signing on wingers to 'give them a chance?'
Even when players have a proven record elsewhere, there's always an element of chance when signing a new player. They could have all the makings of a good player but as we've found out from a number of players, it doesn't always mean they're going to fit in the team. It's just at this stage we have no wide players registered at all. I think peaksy may have taken a chance with pride pradeep behrey, he then had a shocker against r&h and realised he wouldn't cut the mustard!
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

David Bell keeps saying he'd come and play for free...
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:David Bell keeps saying he'd come and play for free...
like he said he wanted to last year,,,,and said he was going to play for irchester utd ....100 percent ,,,,blah blah blah then turned up at stamford(i think)...if he wanted to play for us he would have been in touch......im not anti belly,,i saw him a couple of times last year and id defo give him a punt...but he lacks commitment to any club,,,when the going gets tough and all that :wink: :wink:.i still think wizz would do us a good job :good:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

David Bell re-signed for Stamford in the summer.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/stamforda ... ll-1513111

However, he doesn't appear to have played in any of their pre-season matches to date.