No Highlights from tonight

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

No Highlights from tonight

Post by bozzer »

Unfortunately there will be no highlights from tonight’s game as none of the normal camera operators are available.

If there is anyone who is happy to step forward and do 20 minutes or so in future games we would welcome the help. Please PM me
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: No Highlights from tonight

Post by Formic »

Those that braved the poor weather were treated to a memorable performance. Sam Brown's goal might have been a contender for goal of the season. Some of the ball distribution was excellent, especially from Bunting and Dolman, with one ball from Bully to Gyasi, hit while he was running forward would grace many levels of football.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Gutted there are no highlights from tonight; Brownie's goal was an absolute worldie, and will probably not be bettered this season. I had the pleasure of standing right in line with it, and knew it was in the moment it left his foot.

An excellent all round performance tonight against a strong Dunstable side, in horrid conditions.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Great performance in tough conditions against a decent side! Not much to add to what Formic and Dave have said really - I'm glad I went!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

An excellent team performance from us. The wide players were exceptional, we defended brilliantly in poor conditions and dominated the midfield. In short, we made Dunstable look very ordinary and i'm sure over the course of the season that'll prove not to be the case.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

There was someone there last night who looked like they were recording the game pitchero style with an iPad fixed to a tripod in the seated stand. It looked like they were wearing a Diamonds badged coat.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

1st game I have seen this season. My initial comment of we are "attacking quite narrow" soon came back to bite me in the arse. Fairlamb and Gyasi gave their defence all sort of issues. Putting some quality balls across the 6 yard box all night.

All 3 goals had were of high quality for different reasons. Sam Browns was an absolute rocket! It was in from the moment his left his boot.

However the 3rd goal was a real example quality! Keeping possession stringing some really good patient attacking build up play together. Must have been a passage of 15 or so quick short passes finished off with a cutting through ball to Nabil who had the awareness to square it Joel for an easy side foot finish!
It was an excellent team goal.
2nd half Dunstable barely had a sniff on goal and we dictated the game from the 2nd half kick off.

Obviously having not been to any other games I can't compare this performance to any others, but if this is anything to go by then we should be there or there about come the end of the season (fingers crossed) . It was an excellent away team performance against a team who are likely to be towards the upper reaches of the table come the end of the season.

Hopefully key players stay fit and the team can continue to put in performances like last night in the coming weeks and months.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I thought we might be in for a long night when they started well, with their tall and powerful wideman (#9) threatening to give Callum Westwood some real problems. To Callum's credit he adjusted quickly, getting help to cover when needed, and by the end of the half he was winning headers and challenges comfortably, such that #9 was arguing with his team-mates who'd stopped giving him the ball.

Although Claudio has had better games, his presence in the central role meant we had a direct threat coming through the centre of midfield I didn't see on Saturday, which also meant the defenders couldn't just double up on the impressive Fairlamb and Gyasi. We didn't try to take them on in the air going forwards (they had plenty of tall men ready for that), but the distribution to the wings and spreading the ball across the pitch meant the home side couldn't cope with our attacking play, especially in the second half.

A slight error on the "teamshhet" - Image
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

davealbon wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:06 pm Gutted there are no highlights from tonight; Brownie's goal was an absolute worldie, and will probably not be bettered this season. I had the pleasure of standing right in line with it, and knew it was in the moment it left his foot.

An excellent all round performance tonight against a strong Dunstable side, in horrid conditions.
I 100% agree with you, as soon as it/the ball had left Brown boot, I known it was in, :cool:

Ace performance, ace win, (3-0) a well deserved 3 points, :biggrin: