[ Tue 3rd Oct ] v St Neots Town FC, KO 7:45pm SLCC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 3rd Oct ] v St Neots Town FC, KO 7:45pm SLCC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Tue 3rd Oct ] v St Neots Town FC, KO 7:45pm SLCC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

First of three important Cup games this week. I say important because all games have a purpose even if they are not so crucial to win as league matches.

IMO tonight is the least important but it gives vital minutes to players such as Findlay, Bell Toxtle and maybe a couple of youngsters.We have very little chance of winning it but a win over a Premier Division team would be good.

The FA Trophy game is the most important as this can bring in some prize money and after a few rounds some publicity if we were to draw a National League side such as Orient, although in early rounds is usually poorly supported.

The one we can win of course is the Hillier Cup. Another evening at Sixfields at the end of the season would be most welcome....where both Diamonds and Brackley fans can celebrate promotion!!!!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Really enjoyed that. Always nice to win a game when there's a bit of needle and we did it fairly easily in the end. Despite the mass changes it looked like a well oiled machine at times in the second half. Bell-Toxtle particularly impressive which he had to be given the competiton for places in that area.

Their number 6 was an embarrassment. I think that was his debut. Quite some debut, spent 80 minutes screaming and swearing at his teammates and then totally lost his head, rightly getting sent off. It was a bit surreal seeing aggression like that on a football pitch. I bet his teammates can't wait to line up with him again.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Really pleased for my friend Fernando (Cue Abba music). He has bided his time and now shown what he is capable of. I bet his Mum is pleased also, she has been at all his games waiting for him to get a start.

Good to see Finners has not lost anything.

Probably get K*ttering in next round, they won 4-2 at Bedford.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Tue 3rd Oct ] v St Neots Town FC, KO 7:45pm SLCC HO

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:12 pm Really enjoyed that. Always nice to win a game when there's a bit of needle and we did it fairly easily in the end. Despite the mass changes it looked like a well oiled machine at times in the second half. Bell-Toxtle particularly impressive which he had to be given the competiton for places in that area.

Their number 6 was an embarrassment. I think that was his debut. Quite some debut, spent 80 minutes screaming and swearing at his teammates and then totally lost his head, rightly getting sent off. It was a bit surreal seeing aggression like that on a football pitch. I bet his teammates can't wait to line up with him again.
I could see that red coming a mile off , he was really getting wound up and it was only going to end one way, a deserved sending off.
I’m normally reserved at games, but I admit to shouting a few expletives in his direction!!!! :cheesy:

Some of our play was sloppy at times, but I’d rather mistakes were made in a cup game than the league. Daryl Smith had a decent game I thought.

St Neots were a dirty side in my opinion, Scott Sinclair seemed to spend most of the first half on the floor feigning injury, only to get up and run about after!! :hmmm:

I don’t like to moan about officials (much!) but they were poor, in particular the linesman on the cricket pitch side!! I really think he needs reassess his career, he was clearly out of his depth!!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

diamondgeezer1 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:47 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:12 pm Really enjoyed that. Always nice to win a game when there's a bit of needle and we did it fairly easily in the end. Despite the mass changes it looked like a well oiled machine at times in the second half. Bell-Toxtle particularly impressive which he had to be given the competiton for places in that area.

I could see that red coming a mile off , he was really getting wound up and it was only going to end one way, a deserved sending off.
I’m normally reserved at games, but I admit to shouting a few expletives in his direction!!!! :cheesy:

Some of our play was sloppy at times, but I’d rather mistakes were made in a cup game than the league. Daryl Smith had a decent game I thought.

St Neots were a dirty side in my opinion, Scott Sinclair seemed to spend most of the first half on the floor feigning injury, only to get up and run about after!! :hmmm:

I don’t like to moan about officials (much!) but they were poor, in particular the linesman on the cricket pitch side!! I really think he needs reassess his career, he was clearly out of his depth!!!
Not sure what level they were tho, maybe UCL. As we know they're not on their own in the collective of poor officials.

As we've said before regarding these cup games, it gives fringe players a chance and bell-toxtle certainly took his. He grew into the game and showed a lot of confidence when in possession, linking up with his teammates. Also thought Hembury had a fair game and showed he has some pace, even if a bit lightweight. Smith also had a good game, even if the sending offs freed him up a bit. Think peaksywill have a selection headache ahead of Saturday, but I'd worry about leaving Fernando out too long or he may well be off.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

With the competition regionalised our potential opponents are likely to be one of the following: K*ttering, Biggleswade, Royston, Hitchin from the Premier Division or AFC Dunstable, Cambridge City or Kempston from our division.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:18 pm With the competition regionalised our potential opponents are likely to be one of the following: K*ttering, Biggleswade, Royston, Hitchin from the Premier Division or AFC Dunstable, Cambridge City or Kempston from our division.
Hitchin or biggleswsde would be a good one, teams we haven't faced competitively
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:10 pm
diamondgeezer1 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Not sure what level they were tho, maybe UCL. As we know they're not on their own in the collective of poor officials.

As we've said before regarding these cup games, it gives fringe players a chance and bell-toxtle certainly took his. He grew into the game and showed a lot of confidence when in possession, linking up with his teammates. Also thought Hembury had a fair game and showed he has some pace, even if a bit lightweight. Smith also had a good game, even if the sending offs freed him up a bit. Think peaksywill have a selection headache ahead of Saturday, but I'd worry about leaving Fernando out too long or he may well be off.
They were lower than UCL level if Tuesday night was anything to go by!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73