[ Sat 4th Nov ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
HarryFlashman

Re: [ Sat 4th Nov ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by HarryFlashman »

Good to see that many others were disappointed by the general attitude and behavior of our league leaders. I hadn’t read any evidence of previous performances of this nature .
Maybe in some way it’s a back handed complement to us that they adopted these tactics.
Having said that it was truly the ugly side of the game on display and this was a planned strategy not a random set of events. Their coaching management have let the game down and the league should be concerned if the Ref makes a ful report on the conduct of their team.
The officials were clearly out of their depth and didn’t support each other but even professional Ref can lose control when intimidated to this level. I actually felt sympathy for him yesterday.
We saw the extremes of gamesmanship and cheating but all teams have players who seek to influence Refs and gain undeserved advantage including penalties. Jus part of the games malaise for as long as I have watched it. Remember a certain Don Revies Leeds!
On a positive we saw imaginative change in our tactics and personel at half time resulting in a passing game and surely playing to our strengths, with the ball on the ground is the way forward. We have several young ambitious skillful footballers in the squad. Let them play and express themselves.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

What horrible bunch of tossers they were, that’s me being super polite! I sound like Kevin Keegan, but I would love it, love it if we can beat them to the title!

Cheating, time wasting, whinging con merchants - the ref had no backbone whatsoever and failed to deal with it. He got key decisions wrong throughout the match and looked totally out of his depth. The Robbins booking was a joke - looking at the video it was the best shout of the lot for a penalty.

Put a date in your diary for a road trip at the end of January because we owe them one !! Let’s just hope we have a ref with some ability at that match.

The lads had an iffy first half - but the second half was awesome !! We’ve got to learn to do that more consistently because when we do, no one can live with us!

Got to say I liked the 3 at the back system - with a three of Brown, Dolman and Gilchrist would look good - with the attacking ability we have let’s take the game to a few of these sides, really press them.

Decent crowd hopefully went away feeling it’s worth coming back! Hope to see those con merchants drop some points soon and hopefully the 27th Jan can see us overhaul them!!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Watching the video back, their diving is even more blatant!

They employ those tactics each week hence why they’re top of the league. They were probably laughing about the incident at the end on their trip home. Lewis Fennemore seems to think it’s something to be proud of judging by his tweets.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Got to agree with most of the above, blatant cheating which was bought by a ref seemingly out of his depth.
I imagine they do play that way every week. Man for man they were way inferior to us and didn't seem at all interested in playing football.
I had previously been told that they had a very small budget even last year in the Wessex League and certainly by Southern League standards (no money man at Moneyfields and very few through the turnstiles). So I suppose you could say they are playing to their strengths, not nice to watch though!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I can see how some did think the first penalty claim wasn’t justified, but those of us close to the scene heard the clear contact as the defender challenged Robbins as he recovered his balance after stumbling. It was somewhat accidental, but a foul nevertheless.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Absolute joke of a referee according to the highlights. No way the free kick for their first goal was a foul, all three penalty claims could and should have been given! Hope we smash the absolute sh*te of them away, bring back Quigley to fight that gobby tw*t. Anyway, on to the next game :drinks:
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

A groundhoppers view of proceedings......

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum ... =ASC;mh=25;
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

So much you could say about that lot but I'm not sure they are worthy of the time or effort. Watching the highlights I doubt anybody's opinions are likely to change about what we witnessed on Saturday. No idea how many thousands of games I've watched in my life but for diving, cheating, time wasting and intimidation of the Ref they were up there with the very worst of them. If the officials had paid a little more attention they may have spotted the Weeble between the posts, run (sorry waddle) 10 yards to kick Ryan after the 3rd pen appeal, and attempt to hit our celebrating team with the ball after the 2nd goal, though from his position the Ref most likely did see that but chose not to deem it ungentlemanly conduct. Was to far away to comment on the 1st pen appeal but from 3 yards away for me the 3rd was nailed on. For anyone not there it was honestly as bad as many have suggested, Moneyfields FC even helped give an accurate assessment of themselves with the tweet after the game and the quoted comments from the manager in the Portsmouth Sport article, appears to treat the number of times they have gone down to 10 Men in the past couple of years as a badge of honour given how well they have learned to cope with it.
Back to what matters, 2nd half was a great performance, shame we didn't hang on for the 3 points we deserved from it. Very good early changes in personnel and formation which completely changed the course of the game. Impressed by what we saw of the new lads and now need to build on a couple of decent performances and go on a run, with everyone beating everyone a good run of wins could put some daylight between us and a few of out promotion challengers.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

That guy, Lewis Fennemore, who was given a red card after the full-time whistle is obviously a decent and experienced player who has played for Moneyfields in a couple of spells but was also part of that excellent Sholing team that won the FA Vase, breaking the North East domination, 3 years or so ago.
What a shame that an outfit that have some reasonable players have to resort to those dubious tactics but I suppose it is really a refelection on their management team. I wonder when their bubble will burst? Sooner rather later I hope when other league teams get wise to their tactics and style of play.