[ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Brownie wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:10 pm Reading the 2 reports by JD in the NT says much about two Clubs. Andy states we were outplayed for the opening period but then worked our way back into the game and only mentioned players to praise them or in Jacks case explain why he didn’t get a runout.
However ML notes “we made lots of changes, more than them” he could have added na na na na na after that. One goal was the young keepers fault, he had 450 of us telling him that he doesn’t need his manager putting it in the local paper. The 3rd goal was a result of mistakes by his younger players, that should help their confidence shouldn’t it.
Nothing of course would have been anything to do with him, after all he only picked the team and I assume had some form of failed game plan.
Don't forget that our second goal was a counter-attack, and their plans were disrupted because a loan player was recalled!

Those grapes are getting more sour by the day. Let's hope they get through in the Hillier Cup - can't imagine what they'll be like if we beat them at Latimer Park.

I love ML's comment though - 'Goals always change games ....'!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 pm
Brownie wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:10 pm Reading the 2 reports by JD in the NT says much about two Clubs. Andy states we were outplayed for the opening period but then worked our way back into the game and only mentioned players to praise them or in Jacks case explain why he didn’t get a runout.
However ML notes “we made lots of changes, more than them” he could have added na na na na na after that. One goal was the young keepers fault, he had 450 of us telling him that he doesn’t need his manager putting it in the local paper. The 3rd goal was a result of mistakes by his younger players, that should help their confidence shouldn’t it.
Nothing of course would have been anything to do with him, after all he only picked the team and I assume had some form of failed game plan.
Don't forget that our second goal was a counter-attack, and their plans were disrupted because a loan player was recalled!

Those grapes are getting more sour by the day. Let's hope they get through in the Hillier Cup - can't imagine what they'll be like if we beat them at Latimer Park.

I love ML's comment though - 'Goals always change games ....'!
A quote Michael Owen would be proud of!!! :laugh:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

Does anyone have any idea when Mal & Co will be able to publish the photos?
Redsnapper

Post by Redsnapper »

James Beil wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:22 pm Does anyone have any idea when Mal & Co will be able to publish the photos?
Don't know about the Co, but I've been busy last few days. Will try and get the photos up tomorrow.

A taster
Attachments
MSXX4398.jpg
MSXX4398.jpg (777.74 KiB) Viewed 3929 times
Supporting the community - AFC Diamonds Member No 63
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

They are now online (I can't post a link as this forum censors a certain word....)
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Formic wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:09 pm They are now online (I can't post a link as this forum censors a certain word....)
Some nice pics there - we have ways... http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden-diamonds-3-2-K*ttering-town

Or via Twitter - https://twitter.com/AFCRD/status/931554290480680960
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Are we going to get video highlights of this game?
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 pm Are we going to get video highlights of this game?
Already on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLe33at78ac
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Purely just out of interest, as I would not like to be thought of as gloating, what is the record in all games between R & D/AFC R & D v K*ttering?
My first experience was the 5-1 slaughter at Rocky Road just after Talbot took over. I can only recall them winning insignificant end of season matches and the Hillier Cup at Latimer Park last season. Obviously the highlight has to be the "Darby" game at Rocky Road.