[ Tue 28th Nov ] v Cambridge City, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: [ Tue 28th Nov ] v Cambridge City, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Fantastic to see such a recent improvement. Long may it continue!
supersub

Post by supersub »

Whopp, whopp from Thailand :good:
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Extremely impressive display! Could have been 4/5 in the end. Their keeper made 2 or 3 decent saves throughout the game.

Saw on twitter a lot of people saying Cambridge City had the better of the game, perhaps possession wise they did, but I can't really remember Heath being troubled at all, and they didn't exactly lay siege to our goal. Every time we broke we looked capable of getting a goal causing them an issue.

Credit where credit's due Peaks has assembled what looks like a very good squad that should be more than capable of claiming one of the automatic spots up for grabs. My last (and only other game) saw us put in dominate display away at Dunstable, another side in the chasing pack.

On a final note, Ryan Robbins looks bloody brilliant! Exactly the kind of striker we have been crying out for for a long time! With him and Quiche up front they should be a threat to any defence at this level. *Credit Toz for a bloody good song for him as well*
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Well that wasn't a bad Tuesday night was it, best performance of the season so far for me, very professional and never looked in any trouble, Ben had to make a few catches but don't remember 1 actual save. Ignoring Westies own goal at Uxbridge the last league goal conceded was the late equalizer by Moneybags 4 weeks ago, so the new formation appears to be working. Not the sort of game to single anyone out as they were all good, but if I'd have chosen the MOM it may well have gone to Ben Farrell. If we can avoid our historic shaky December and have a friendly against Oadby early Jan we are about sorted.
Robbie Nightingale the Cambridge manager interview was a bit sour. Banged on about being missing his 2 main strikers, and when asked as the players in question were on the bench why he didn't put them on he explained they both failed fitness tests and were NEVER going to play, had them on the bench so they didn't get cold in the stand, that well known micro climate that is the visiting bench at Hayden Rd. Players in question were Lewis Wilson and Jack Vasey who has only been at the Club a few days, he obviously failed to notice No 11 Tom Knowles 8 league goals this season, and No 10 Ryan Sharman 15 which makes him the leagues leading scorer, but it would appear not 1 of their 2 main strikers. He's now off to sign some new players to freshen it up. I'm sure if the interview had been a little longer he may have got around to mentioning we were not a bad side, we got 2 missed a couple of decent chances and Conroy pulled off 1 blinding save and another decent one.
Roll on Saturday 5 games before Christmas and just the 15 points required please Peaksy.
Final shout out for The Burger Monster who was having his chips judged last night by the Cambridge City Chippy Inspector, and with a score of 58/70 he has gone above Aylesbury FC to the top of the Chippy League Table. I did warn you H, Damp salt cost you points, need to get a cover over the Condiments table.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Are the wheels coming off the Moneybags wagon? more likely the result of the suspensions they are now experiencing. Four more yellows last night.
They are scheduled to play Bedford on Saturday if they bother to turn up. I only hope Bedford either sort out their problems or call the game off. It is not fair to other teams when a youth team is played and gets thrashed. It is also bringing the game into disrepute and an absolute farce.

ps just read Brownies post. So Bedford will probably gat a point or three at Money on Saturday.
Last edited by sussexdiamond on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

The predicted league table took a big change last night - it's now looking very generous, suggesting AFCRD to win by nine(!) points.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sout ... /predicted

How are these calculated? Is there an anorak tabulating results and predicting who will beat who or is there some sort of computer at work?
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

My money would be on Beaconsfield rather than AFC Dunstable for 3rd.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Great result against the best side to visit us this season. Shanks work rate was top class. I agree with others that this is the best group of players we’ve had since our formation.

Now on to Saturday and I fancy us to get a result against Hartley Wintley
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Brownie wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:54 am Well that wasn't a bad Tuesday night was it, best performance of the season so far for me, very professional and never looked in any trouble, Ben had to make a few catches but don't remember 1 actual save. Ignoring Westies own goal at Uxbridge the last league goal conceded was the late equalizer by Moneybags 4 weeks ago, so the new formation appears to be working. Not the sort of game to single anyone out as they were all good, but if I'd have chosen the MOM it may well have gone to Ben Farrell. If we can avoid our historic shaky December and have a friendly against Oadby early Jan we are about sorted.
Robbie Nightingale the Cambridge manager interview was a bit sour. Banged on about being missing his 2 main strikers, and when asked as the players in question were on the bench why he didn't put them on he explained they both failed fitness tests and were NEVER going to play, had them on the bench so they didn't get cold in the stand, that well known micro climate that is the visiting bench at Hayden Rd. Players in question were Lewis Wilson and Jack Vasey who has only been at the Club a few days, he obviously failed to notice No 11 Tom Knowles 8 league goals this season, and No 10 Ryan Sharman 15 which makes him the leagues leading scorer, but it would appear not 1 of their 2 main strikers. He's now off to sign some new players to freshen it up. I'm sure if the interview had been a little longer he may have got around to mentioning we were not a bad side, we got 2 missed a couple of decent chances and Conroy pulled off 1 blinding save and another decent one.
Roll on Saturday 5 games before Christmas and just the 15 points required please Peaksy.
Final shout out for The Burger Monster who was having his chips judged last night by the Cambridge City Chippy Inspector, and with a score of 58/70 he has gone above Aylesbury FC to the top of the Chippy League Table. I did warn you H, Damp salt cost you points, need to get a cover over the Condiments table.
I can remember few better performances than last night - with the general quality of football from both sides being top notch too. I guess the Cambridge manager can be allowed a few sour grapes as his team did approach things in the right way - in total contrast to Moneyfields.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:49 am Great result against the best side to visit us this season. Shanks work rate was top class. I agree with others that this is the best group of players we’ve had since our formation.

Now on to Saturday and I fancy us to get a result against Hartley Wintley
I'd agree with that - and I think the work rate from the whole side was exceptional. Joel Gyasi got up and down the pitch so well - there was one instance where he was involved with an attack that broke down, chased back to make a tackle near our goal line that conceded a corner, then was back up to the half-way line when the corner was taken. Ben Farrell seemed to get about the whole pitch for the whole game too, and I think Blaize Punter is quietly impressing without getting quite as much recognition as his team mates. Ben Diamond was winning the ball well when he came on too so Peaksy has a real challenge to decide who to put in the starting XI in the next few games as we play 2 games in a week again next week.