[ Wed 6th Dec ] v Aylesbury Utd, KO 7:45pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Wed 6th Dec ] v Aylesbury Utd, KO 7:45pm ESE AWAY

Post by ParcelFace »

FT 2-0 vs 9 men. Not pretty but a win's a win and we go 3 points clear at the top! Grinding out results like this is a sign of champions (or so I've heard).
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

8 unbeaten in the league and 5 straight clean sheets. Lovely stuff.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Not vintage or anything like the last 3 games but 3 points away on a Tuesday night. Guess it would have been easy to call having had 3 very good performances against decent sides we would struggle against a team at the wrong end of the table, but it could have been a banana skin but instead it's another one ticked off. Like a few we have been to this season the pitch didn't look that bad from the clubhouse, however I did hear it described as the worst we had played on this season, not and excuse but a contributory factor. To be fair to the Ducks they worked bloody hard all night, though the extra bite installed by the new Manager sometimes went a bit to far. Williams is a decent footballer but on the pitch early on he looked like a possibility for the first Red of the night, and he never looked like he would be anything like as impressive on the pitch as he ended up being between the uprights, 2 very good saves and 3 great one's, all of which looked to be going in. Their keeper was still claiming after the game and on social media it was never a Red?? was everyone including his own team mates wrong, his claim I think was it hit his shoulder. Sure Aylesbury will have more than enough to avoid a relegation battle and would be nice to see them back home some time soon though that may be a way off. On to the other lot now on Saturday when hopefully Peaksy will have a full squad to select from, some big games this weekend Ashford v Beaconsfield, Cambridge v in form Uxbridge, Hartley W v Moneybags, if we get 3 points and results go our way the could be a bit of a gap starting to open up from some of our challengers.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Brownie wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:39 am would be nice to see them back home some time soon though that may be a way off.
Sooner than you think ...... Saturday 16th December against Bedford Town when they are playing a home fixture at Aylesbury FC due to a clash of fixtures at Chesham.

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/news/?e=3727
Last edited by Trek on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I reckon I've been to comfortably more than 1,000 games of football in my life. In that time I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a Goalkeeper get sent off and an opposition player taking over between the sticks.

Some of you may remember that when we last played away at Aylesbury United their Goalkeeper was sent off in the first-half and a player took the gloves. Strange in itself that the exact same thing happened yesterday, but even more odd that the same player went in goal. What are the odds on that?

Incidentally he played a blinder, a couple of his saves were amazing!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek

Post by Trek »

I wonder what the statistics are with a substitute keeper actually getting on the field of play? I think it must be very low and that’s probably why many clubs at a non-League lower level don’t bother having one on the bench particularly if you have an outfielder as the Ducks, apparently, did last evening who can perform between the sticks. :clapping:
Trek

Post by Trek »

Post-match interview with Ducks manager.

https://youtu.be/FPGsST92rzQ
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:03 am I reckon I've been to comfortably more than 1,000 games of football in my life. In that time I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a Goalkeeper get sent off and an opposition player taking over between the sticks.

Some of you may remember that when we last played away at Aylesbury United their Goalkeeper was sent off in the first-half and a player took the gloves. Strange in itself that the exact same thing happened yesterday, but even more odd that the same player went in goal. What are the odds on that?

Royston away in the play offs?
RD mVideos
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by RD mVideos »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:24 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:03 am I reckon I've been to comfortably more than 1,000 games of football in my life. In that time I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a Goalkeeper get sent off and an opposition player taking over between the sticks.

Southport once had their keeper sent off after 3 minutes at Nene Park and a young Lee Trundle went in goal, although he had no chance with the goals!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hejpcCw1tA&t=88s
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

RD mVideos wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:46 pm
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:24 pm

Southport once had their keeper sent off after 3 minutes at Nene Park and a young Lee Trundle went in goal, although he had no chance with the goals!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hejpcCw1tA&t=88s
I remember that, the goalie tried his best to make it look as if he caught it in the box!