MATCH OFF [ Sat 3rd Mar ] v Hayes & Yeading Utd, KO 3pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Re: [ Sat 3rd Mar ] v Hayes & Yeading Utd, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Olly »

Trek wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:55 pm As an aside I see that 1874 Northwich have 29 matches to complete before the end of the season following their 21st postponement!
Was about to post the same thing, it could be a lot worse, it's March and they haven't even played half their season yet because of their Vase run and the weather! At the end of the season in May, they'll even have to play in the league twice in 24 hours.

https://1874northwich.com/fixtures-results-17-18/
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Obviously success in Cup competition is partly responsible for any clubs back log of fixtures but it does seem to be a particular issue with non-league clubs who ground share and, in this respect, this has hit us very hard this season coupled with the exceptionally wet and inclement weather over the last two months and the drainage problems. I recall when a match was postponed earlier in the season Rushden & Higham tweeting to say it was the first in a number of seasons at Hayden Road. It is rather ironic to see the excellent condition at the Dog & Duck as a result of reduced usage although clearly that won’t survive the snow which has even scuppered matches on 3G surfaces.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The Non League Paper will be a bit thin this week!! But the letters page may be worth reading.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:28 pm The Non League Paper will be a bit thin this week!! But the letters page may be worth reading.
Indeed, this is the list of games that are currently on as it stands and as you can see there are just 7 games in the entirety of steps 1-4 that haven't already been postponed and I imagine a few of these won't pass inspections either, an extremely quiet weekend... :sad:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... 4-march-3/
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Bright sunny day here in Eastbourne perfect for a game on the 3G pitch.......shame they do not have a home game today!!!
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: MATCH OFF [ Sat 3rd Mar ] v Hayes & Yeading Utd, KO 3pm ESE HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Just to confirm match off from yesterday.

https://twitter.com/AFCRD/status/969902963446681600