MATCH OFF [ Tue 13th Mar ] v AFC Dunstable, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

MATCH OFF [ Tue 13th Mar ] v AFC Dunstable, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Tue 13th Mar ] v AFC Dunstable, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by Trek »

Rushden & Higham’s game yesterday was called off so that saved the pitch from a hammering. Hopefully a bit of drying wind could help.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The latest prediction league has AFC Dunstable as being runners up. So someone rates them highly.
Exciting couple of weeks coming up. Several weeks ago when assisting with groundwork for club shop I said that we would be celebrating at Beaconsfield or at home on Easter Monday. That is looking very likely now. All we have to do is win our next 5 or 6 games!!!!!!!!!!!!
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:10 am The latest prediction league has AFC Dunstable as being runners up. So someone rates them highly.
Exciting couple of weeks coming up. Several weeks ago when assisting with groundwork for club shop I said that we would be celebrating at Beaconsfield or at home on Easter Monday. That is looking very likely now. All we have to do is win our next 5 or 6 games!!!!!!!!!!!!
With fixtures like dunstable, Hayes, Hartley wintney and beaconsfield during that period, I don't think we can expect to win all of those. We certainly take a draws in the two away games. Avoiding defeat is first and foremost, but we are in a strong position and we are looking good for promotion now.
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:17 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:10 am The latest prediction league has AFC Dunstable as being runners up. So someone rates them highly.
With fixtures like dunstable, Hayes, Hartley wintney and beaconsfield during that period, I don't think we can expect to win all of those. We certainly take a draws in the two away games. Avoiding defeat is first and foremost, but we are in a strong position and we are looking good for promotion now.
We will drops point before the end of the season but so will the others that's why the last two victories were crucial. I saw the Hayes game postponed as a positive as I knew if we could beat Thame and Barton it would put us in a strong position going into this tricky patch of games, we are now in a position where a draw from some of these games will be sufficient as long as we don't drop any silly points to Aylesbury or Northwood etc we will be ok :drinks:

Hoping for a bigger crowd Tuesday night COYD
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

If our sole objective is promotion via the top two we can even lose four games. We could finish
2nd on 93 points but have much better GD.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Trek wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:10 am Rushden & Higham’s game yesterday was called off so that saved the pitch from a hammering. Hopefully a bit of drying wind could help.
We've had quite a bit of rain last night and this morning. I don't hold much hope this game will be on.
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:21 am
Trek wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:10 am Rushden & Higham’s game yesterday was called off so that saved the pitch from a hammering. Hopefully a bit of drying wind could help.
We've had quite a bit of rain last night and this morning. I don't hold much hope this game will be on.
With rain forecast until the early hours tomorrow it doesn’t look hopeful.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Trek wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:38 am
Three of Diamonds wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:21 am
With rain forecast until the early hours tomorrow it doesn’t look hopeful.
Surely pitch cannot be any worse than Barton on saturday. If it is dry on Tuesday morning maybe a squad of volunteers can spread a beach load of sand.

Cambridge game off tonight. They will be playing midweek games up until the last week of April if they lose any more matches.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

steady rain here in rushden. as we all know our groundsman is a class act but i think miracles may well be out of his reach.
i'll cross my fingers and hope it's on.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50