Its that time again

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: Its that time again

Post by BartonRaz »

Brownie wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:29 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:25 am This weekend should bring some player news. I expect all but a couple to re sign, maybe a disappointment in there. New players to be few even return of a favourite!
Educated guesswork or been listening to the jungle drums? from odd conversations I've had with people from other Clubs I'd agree in the main.
Maybe 4 not resigning, hopefully no big disappointments as one could lead to others, squad wasn't that big so up to 5 new faces, and every season brings the return of an old favourite so would expect this one to be no different.
I've also heard the one about the returning player. Time will tell.

As you say, hopefully no major disappointments. Loads I really wouldn't want to lose but particularly key IMO is keeping Fairlamb and Gyasi given how important they are to the whole way the entire side operates.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Obviously very disappointed to lose any key players but if they were genuinely improving their career prospect, then good luck to them.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

If there are up to four leaving then I could probably guess who they will be. Won't say who I think they are out of respect for those players.

Popular player returning, got an inkling of who it could be.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:37 pm If there are up to four leaving then I could probably guess who they will be. Won't say who I think they are out of respect for those players.

Gearing? I seem to remember he played for a team in this division before he joined Diamonds in the UCL...
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

In to July now, looking forward to finally hearing some squad information in the coming days. It's been extremely quiet without so much as a rumour until recently. I long for the days of signings being announced throughout the summer rather than in-bulk!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

James Beil wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:23 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:37 pm If there are up to four leaving then I could probably guess who they will be. Won't say who I think they are out of respect for those players.

Gearing? I seem to remember he played for a team in this division before he joined Diamonds in the UCL...
Possibly, but I was thinking of someone else. If it is who I have in mind it will be his third spell (I think) at the club......
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:10 pm

Possibly, but I was thinking of someone else. If it is who I have in mind it will be his third spell (I think) at the club......
Can't be fazel or Joseph, they've signed at least 6 times!
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Can't be fazel or Joseph, they've signed at least 6 times!
How many spells has Dan Quigley had at mighty Diamonds, Hednesford and Banbury United, appeals have been rejected, league stays the same. :biggrin:
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

Alfie taylor :wacko:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Not.......
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297