Its that time again

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Its that time again

Post by The Godfather »

Jefferson Louis is training with us.
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Squad Update now on the OWS:

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/2018-19-squad-update

Jack Bowen re-signs after spending last season with Biggleswade Town at Step 3.

Players that are yet to commit to us for the new season:

Luke Fairlamb
Joel Gyasi
Ryan Robbins
Spencer Weir-Daley
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I believe at least one has signed for a Step 2 club. I would not be downhearted if SWD or RR did not sign as we have Diamond, Bowen, Dean and Lorraine. But we do need to sign quality replacements for Gyasi and Fairlamb.
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:28 am I believe at least one has signed for a Step 2 club. I would not be downhearted if SWD or RR did not sign as we have Diamond, Bowen, Dean and Lorraine. But we do need to sign quality replacements for Gyasi and Fairlamb.
Gutted that Fairlamb and Gyasi haven't yet re-signed. Losing one is a blow but to lose both would be really tough to take. I think in the back of my mind I half expected to lose at least 1.

If I could take my pick of realistic replacements I'd like to see Jordan Crawford from Corby in a Diamonds shirt.

Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Weir-Daley and Robbins are typical journeymen at our level and never seem to spend a great deal of time at any one club and I expect Robbins to team up again with Drury at Stamford.

If Joel and Luke don’t sign and seek new pastures then replacements for these two will be a priority.

Onwards and upwards. :good:
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

I'd be worried if Gyasi didn't re-sign; he was one of the best players last season, and you'd have to go quite a way to find someone with his ability on the ball at this level.

If he stays I'll pay for all his drinks for the season!
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Luke Fairlamb and Joel Gyasi have be outstanding players for us, gutted that they both haven't re-signed, hope they'll both re-sign on. (So they can both continue to be outstanding players for us)

I would quite like Ryan Robbins to stay on, because he's done great for us, he can turn a game around, (just like that) and he's got a good goals per game ratio for us.

I wouldn't be that to downhearted if SWD didn't sign on.

Wonder who we'll going to get for the 1st league game, have a feeling 1st league game will be at home.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

James Beil wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:23 am I'd be worried if Gyasi didn't re-sign; he was one of the best players last season, and you'd have to go quite a way to find someone with his ability on the ball at this level.

If he stays I'll pay for all his drinks for the season!
If you want to buy him drinks next season you may need to go to foreign exchange to get the correct currency.
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

I understand that Luke Fairlamb is training with Brackley.
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Pressman wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:52 pm I understand that Luke Fairlamb is training with Brackley.
I think this one's been rumbling for a while. Brackley is the obvious destination for any non-league footballers in the county that get the opportunity to test themselves at a higher level.

I think Luke's an excellent player - personally my player of the season last year and definitely one of the most talented players we've had on our books since re-forming. Do I think he'll be able to command a regular starting place in a side pushing for promotion to Step 1? I'm not sure.