[ Tue 17th Jul ] v Melton Town, KO 7:30pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Tue 17th Jul ] v Melton Town, KO 7:30pm PSF AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

I think it was posted on the former players thread that Manships dad is now the owner.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

The person doing the match twitter last evening went to great pains referring to ‘Mr Trialist’ whereas Rhys Kelly and Nathan Hicks were given their full name, does this imply that they’ve both signed? Also Ryan Robbins played in the second half and does this indicate that he’s put pen to paper?
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Ive known of a few rows to kick off over the years in NL circles regarding trialists being named,

I/E some clubs who thought a player was signed on for them didn't know he was playing for another club, when he didn't get a deal with the club he was on trial with his original could no longer trust him.

Sometimes a player recovering from injury has played for other teams in pre season to build up fitness etc and sometimes they opt not to be named too.

I also think Truro City fans named a trialist on there forum and were ordered to remove his name by Truro City FC so sometimes it must be serious.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Trek wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:22 pm The person doing the match twitter last evening went to great pains referring to ‘Mr Trialist’ whereas Rhys Kelly and Nathan Hicks were given their full name, does this imply that they’ve both signed? Also Ryan Robbins played in the second half and does this indicate that he’s put pen to paper?
I agree it's good Ryan Robbins played in second half, Robbins is a mint/great player, hope he stays with us. :biggrin:

Fixture list out tomorrow looking forward to that, (wonder who we've get in the first game and around Christmas)
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I hope we don't get K*ttering over Xmas. We always get a good crowd at Xmas/ New Year whoever we play.