[ Sat 21st Jul ] v Rushden & Higham Utd, KO 3pm PSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 21st Jul ] v Rushden & Higham Utd, KO 3pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Don't forget this is the last chance to make use of the “Early Bird” Season Ticket Offer at the Club Shop.
http://www.afcdiamonds.com/early-bird-s ... or-2018-19

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/pre-season-fixtures-2018-19
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Sat 21st Jul ] v Rushden & Higham Utd, KO 3pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Get Down to Hayden Road troday.... £4 Adult £2 conc, U16 free.... Bar is open and Burgermonster is cooking.

Image - courtesy AFCRD Twitter - https://twitter.com/AFCRD/status/1020628418688319488
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Ryan robbins starting for the scum today???!!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

After a laughable start it was a much more competitive game than i'd anticipated, not sure if that should be a concern or not but it made it a half decent game.

It's very early days but it looks like we're trying to shoehorn a few attacking players in to the team at the moment by playing a formation that doesn't appear to suit them. Possibly forced upon us due to not having any wide players. Shades of 16/17 season in the NPL.

Plenty of time to address that and of course this is what pre-season is for but it would be a shame if we're forced to abandon the 3-5-2 that served us so well last year.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Any news on Joe Curtis ? I don't think he has appeared in any PSF yet. Is he on holiday?
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:23 pm Any news on Joe Curtis ? I don't think he has appeared in any PSF yet. Is he on holiday?
I stand by what I said to you at the Marlow game SD, Joe isn't a fancy player, but he works hard and does what he needs to do, keeps it simple and has a good attitude to boot. Really hope he's not moving on.

Be interesting see how he does at step 3, but I think he'll do a good job.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

That IPA in the clubhouse was a lovely drop :drinks:
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Adrian wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:06 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:23 pm Any news on Joe Curtis ? I don't think he has appeared in any PSF yet. Is he on holiday?
I stand by what I said to you at the Marlow game SD, Joe isn't a fancy player, but he works hard and does what he needs to do, keeps it simple and has a good attitude to boot. Really hope he's not moving on.

Be interesting see how he does at step 3, but I think he'll do a good job.
I certainly wasn't making any negative comment about Joe. I believe he is still very much part of our squad. Maybe we will see him on Tuesday.

He was listed as having re-signed so hopefully he has just not been available so far.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I see that St Ives Town have signed ex R & H young striker Dylan Wilson who scored 35 goals in 40 appearances in his first senior season last term. I guess Bully Adams who is now assistant manager at St Ives is mainly responsible for this signing.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

rumor has it st ive have also taken mason Thomas from raunds ,who scored about twenty goals last season,and another lad ,ty Clarke whos a goal machine ,when he puts his mind to it,,,im all for giving youngsters a chance ,but why would you take 3 young strikers?? I hope they do ok,but alas I think a couple will sit it out(bench maybe)
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54