[ Tue 24th Jul ] v Brackley Town, KO 7:45pm PSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Tue 24th Jul ] v Brackley Town, KO 7:45pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Next up at Hayden Road on Tuesday night, Brackley Town.

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/pre-season-fixtures-2018-19

Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Tue 24th Jul ] v Brackley Town, KO 7:45pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Pitch prep done for Tonight!

https://twitter.com/mdpgroundcare
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Mown to perfection :good:
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Jesus that was boring :cheesy: . Need width badly . Our Attack looks soooo light weight even step 5 defence would be ok with :ermm: . Onwards and upwards
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:11 pm Jesus that was boring :cheesy: . Need width badly . Our Attack looks soooo light weight even step 5 defence would be ok with :ermm: . Onwards and upwards
They’re the FA Trophy Winners and 3rd place side in the Conference North, we were hardly going to play lovely flowing football and take them to the cleaners. I thought we gave a good account of ourselves for 45 minutes and again after Tom Lorraine came on. I enjoyed seeing us play against some decent opposition.

Interesting to see Ben Diamond playing just behind the front two. Despite my comments in a previous thread about not wanting to see him in midfield I think he has all the tools to make a success of that role.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:11 pm Jesus that was boring :cheesy: . Need width badly . Our Attack looks soooo light weight even step 5 defence would be ok with :ermm: . Onwards and upwards
Boring..... I thought it was a really good workout for the lads against a strong side! We got in some good areas 1st half with some good link up play. Thought the lads made a good account of themselves. Going to be difficult for the management as all our local teams paying strong money so yr limited with players within our catchment & for the right money, and our league this year has some big clubs who also have big budgets!!! But imo tonight was a good pre season game with a fair few positives.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I thought it was a good game too, I expect a number of games this season to be very similar, if that was Tamworth at home in the league and Hicks scored our equaliser we’d be delighted taking 2 points of them.

I thought Dolman and Ashton coped brilliantly with Smith and Westwood did a great job on Luke. 3-5-2 with full backs as wing backs makes us very difficult to break down and I can see that benefitting a lot this season if we play that way.

I’m actually looking forward to being the underdog, after 6 years of everyone playing ya with nothing to lose like potters bar away or Uxbridge at home, we should enjoy it being the other way round for a while
AFC R&D Member No. 67
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

I know it was strong opposition and wasn’t expecting anything. Just I think we have gone backwards in our attack . No key hold up man . Still time to sort stuff out though
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

I enjoyed that, 1st game I've seen this season and for me a good performance and a decent work out. 7 of the Brackley team played a part in the Trophy win 9 weeks ago so give our lads a bit of credit they were up against a good football team, Brackley had a fair few attempts on goal but mostly from range and the majority well off target. Thought our front 3 or 2 with 1 behind sometimes 1 with 2 behind played well, Ben looked good running at people just lacked getting a shot away, James Hall was dropping back to get the ball, but that's what he does and did it very well, though he did run out of steam towards the end, overall very impressed with him and hope he signs. Bowen does a lot of work and got into some good areas, unlucky twice in the 1st half when only very good defending kept him off the score sheet. Westy for me probably had his best game for us both defending and going forward. Against a team who many expect to be pushing for promotion to The National League next April I thought we matched them for much of the game, won't be many sides in our league better than last night opponents. We look like we have lost our 2 attacking wide men from last season and If replacements can't be found which being honest is unlikely then I guess we either revert back to 4 4 2, or the 3 5 2 will be a more defensive version than last seasons, other variations of 3/4 numbers adding up to 10 are always possibly. I think our likely starting 11 is about sorted just the formation may change, but not a bad thing if we have a squad that can adapt to different set ups.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Very odd comment to say game was boring
The first half was very competitive and Brackley have some quality players. Admittedly second half not so good for either side but as often happens all the changes alter the rhythm of the game
Shame Hicks did not score and great save from Ben at the end
Certainly miss wide players but we have plenty of options to change formation. Hope we can sign Hall.