Name for the new bar [Vote closed - "The Crosskeys" it is].

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Name for the new bar [Vote closed - "The Crosskeys" it is].

Post by bozzer »

Anyone have any ideas for a name for the bar, we are looking for ideas and we may have a vote for the best put forward
AFC R&D Member No. 67
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Name for the new bar

Post by The Godfather »

Strikers.
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Three Nips
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Three Nips »

Judging by the décor, HMP Rushden would be quite apt!
Everywhere we go....
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Three Nips wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:09 am Judging by the décor, HMP Rushden would be quite apt!
I am sure that those who have given many hours cleaning carpets, painting and transforming the chairs would very much appreciate your ideas on how the bar could be improved and your time implementing them.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

THE PHOENIX BAR
THE CROSSBAR
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

The Far Post
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

The Corner Flag.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I would look no further than our club badge...

The Cross Keys or The Red Lion.

I know the ground is on old Sartoris land and which is representative of the red lion, but from a personal point of view I would like to see us play some homage to our Irthlingborough roots as well as I can see us slowly losing our link to Irthlingborough Diamonds.

So it’s the Cross Keys for me!

In another note, it’s great to finally have some decent beer in there. Now to really get people on there before/after games, we need to decorate it- maybe some framed shirts, old photos of club legends. Maybe a trophy cabinet? Certainly a dartboard.

Have we looked into getting BT sport or sky? I know it’s very expensive.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:20 pm I would look no further than our club badge...

The Cross Keys or The Red Lion.

I know the ground is on old Sartoris land and which is representative of the red lion, but from a personal point of view I would like to see us play some homage to our Irthlingborough roots as well as I can see us slowly losing our link to Irthlingborough Diamonds.

So it’s the Cross Keys for me!

In another note, it’s great to finally have some decent beer in there. Now to really get people on there before/after games, we need to decorate it- maybe some framed shirts, old photos of club legends. Maybe a trophy cabinet? Certainly a dartboard.

Have we looked into getting BT sport or sky? I know it’s very expensive.
Well said, nicely put, I 100% agree with you, to do with are club, I also like the name of, The Cross Keys, for the bar name, it would get people talking about it as well. (Where did you get that name from etc etc)
StaceyH
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

Absolutely love some of the ideas and comments on this. I was really pleased to see so many people staying behind after today’s game; we need to make that a regular thing.

To answer a couple of points - yes, there are plans for club memorabilia, photos etc from us and R&HUtd to go up on the walls. Similarly, we’re looking at the best options to get Sky/BT Sport put in. Please bear with us though, it’s not going to happen overnight and, if anyone is able to help in any way, please let us know 😉
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts