Rugby Town and Corby Town and others

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Rugby Town and Corby Town and others

Post by sussexdiamond »

Both relegated today. It seems madness that Rugby with the best ground in the NPL South will be playing in the UCL next season, at least it gives us the chance to sign David Kolodynski, if that's how you spell his name.!

Sacking Gary Mills was a reckless decision and Corby got what they deserved. Will we see Diamonds, Corby and K*ttering in same division next season?

Bet Basfords secretary is feeling pretty glum tonight, losing those 3 points has cost them promotion.

See also that Ritchie Hanlons decision to leave Kings Langley for Hayes and Yeading has backfired.

Always looking on the bright side of life.....Billy Sharp scored his 200th career goal today....He scored his first at Chester for R & D in March 05.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Rugby Town and Corby Town and others

Post by Bob's Bitch »

sussexdiamond wrote:Will we see Diamonds, Corby and K*ttering in same division next season?
Unless Corby are given a reprieve to stay at Step 3, that isn't possible.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Anything is possible in the league re organisations that take place with teams getting reprieves and others going bust.
That is what I had as a possibility. Of course we could have just Diamonds and Corby playing in same league or maybe just maybe Diamonds and K*ttering together....now that would be fun.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote:Anything is possible in the league re organisations that take place with teams getting reprieves and others going bust.
That is what I had as a possibility. Of course we could have just Diamonds and Corby playing in same league or maybe just maybe Diamonds and K*ttering together....now that would be fun.
Wishful thinking. There are 3 teams that would be reprieved before Corby. Harrow Borough first, then Canvey Island, then Cambridge City, then Corby. Harrow Borough were relegated from the Ryman Premier on 53 points! Not sure if I've ever seen a team get relegated with that amount of points.

I think there's a good chance Ilkeston will be thrown out of the NPL altogether like Worksop a few years ago. That would create a reprieve.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

BartonRaz wrote:
sussexdiamond wrote:Anything is possible in the league re organisations that take place with teams getting reprieves and others going bust.
Wishful thinking. There are 3 teams that would be reprieved before Corby. Harrow Borough first, then Canvey Island, then Cambridge City, then Corby. Harrow Borough were relegated from the Ryman Premier on 53 points! Not sure if I've ever seen a team get relegated with that amount of points.

I think there's a good chance Ilkeston will be thrown out of the NPL altogether like Worksop a few years ago. That would create a reprieve.
Remember that any reprieves are allocated in the same league first, i.e. if a team were to fall out of the NPLPD and cause a reprieve then Corby would stay up.

For allocations from above - I believe they take finishing position in to account as well as PPG, meaning that Corby would be 3rd in line, ahead of Canveys Island. I'm not certain on this one however.

Ilkeston finished 23rd so any ejection would only see a reprieve at D1N/S level, which would currently go to Goole in the North. They cannot create a reprieve in the division, the only practical difference in the NPLPD table would be that chucking out Ilkeston would effectively make them finish 24th instead of 23rd.

I'm not currently aware of any other likely impending reprieves coming from above that might help Corby, which is either my ignorance, or a good thing that the AGM cup seems to be becoming less of a thing - implying non-league football might be slowly becoming more healthy.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Corby Town just revealed David Bell as their new first team manager. Really working their way through ex Rushden players
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

Rushdenjim wrote:Corby Town just revealed David Bell as their new first team manager. Really working their way through ex Rushden players
Oh it's the David Bell who used to play for Diamonds is it, I read the N Telegraph article and it only mentioned Coventry and Norwich so I thought it may be a different one.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Brownie wrote:
Rushdenjim wrote:Corby Town just revealed David Bell as their new first team manager. Really working their way through ex Rushden players
Oh it's the David Bell who used to play for Diamonds is it, I read the N Telegraph article and it only mentioned Coventry and Norwich so I thought it may be a different one.
Yes, i think he was helping out in some capacity to Gary Mills (who they obviously spend time together in the early 2000's at Nene Park) before he was sacked at Corby. A tough job to take on though. We know how tough the Northern League Div One is (although with the loss of Shaw Lane, Witton and us it may be a tad easier) and they will be expecting promotion after a double relegation.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Trek »

I recall the time when there were three David Bell's connected with Diamonds, about 10-12 years, two were footballers although one, known as David J. Bell, didn't progress to the first team. The other one was a fan who used to post on the unofficial forum as TODB (The Other David Bell) who was the Government's Chief Inspector of Schools, at the time, and is now a Knight of the Realm and is the Vice-Chancellor of Reading University.

Still lists his interests as football, as a fan of AFC Rushden & Diamonds, on the Reading University site! :clapping:
ivor

Post by ivor »

Bugger me Paul.! How big is your anorak collection?.