Hillier Cup

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Hillier Cup

Post by sussexdiamond »

We are at home to Cobblers U18's. I wonder who the 2 loanees will play for? Tie scheduled for Nov 14th other games Desboro v Posh u21's, K*ttering v Corby, Welly v Pete Sports
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Hillier Cup

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I would have thought that would have been the U23's rather than the U18's.

The NFA website confirms Under 18's but the NFA aren't known for being correct when it comes to their cups.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:30 am I would have thought that would have been the U23's rather than the U18's.

The NFA website confirms Under 18's but the NFA aren't known for being correct when it comes to their cups.
It has now been corrected to Cobblers U23's
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

At least the NFA are consistent in their cup ineptitude
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

K*ttering beat Corby 4-2 after being 0-2. One interesting point. Hilliard was sent to sin bin for 10 mins. So we probably have that to look forward to. The game was made ticket only by K*ttering a decision which didn't go down well with NFA or Corby.. Att a massive 138. The other quarter finals are 28th Nov and ours on 5th Dec.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Pete Sports beat Welly last night 4-1. Not sure about Desborough v Posh U23's final score their twitter ceased to show score once Desborough were losing 1-2. The last quarter final is our game next Tuesday v Cobblers u 23s
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

A word of caution. I know the Hillier Cup will be bottom of most people's priorities But please can we sure to check that anyone selected to play next Tuesday is eligible. We have several players who are dual registered and may have played in earlier round for the likes of Daventry or Cogenhoe. We don't want another situation like last seasons fiasco.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:25 pm A word of caution. I know the Hillier Cup will be bottom of most people's priorities But please can we sure to check that anyone selected to play next Tuesday is eligible. We have several players who are dual registered and may have played in earlier round for the likes of Daventry or Cogenhoe. We don't want another situation like last seasons fiasco.
I think last seasons situation was a case of player(s) were not registered for the club, thinking that trialists were allowed to feature but as it was a competition they were not. But like say, we have a number of players who've plated elsewhere thus season, so needs to be checked.