[ Tue 28th Nov ] v Walsall Wood, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
MikeHunt
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Tue 28th Nov ] v Walsall Wood, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by MikeHunt »

I believe Jarvis and his younger brother, Seb, are opening a vape shop at Rushden Lakes so Jarvis is moving to this side of the county.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Adrian wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:58 pm Can we have a little professionalism back at the club too? when I view the club website announcement of Jarvis signing and then I read 'Shanks said' I just cringe.

The commentator tweets one of the listeners to say 'I hope you enjoyed the comms' ughhh bottom of the league, another game lost, edging ever closer to doomsday, who enjoys the comms or even thinks about if they enjoyed it or not when the team loses?
These particular things are so harsh, I had to post.

Plenty of professional sporting organisations use nicknames of people in press releases and other media. Readers will have their preferences, but it's not unprofessional to use a nickname.

I enjoyed the commentary, as always. I don't live in the UK anymore and having this outstanding resource is a chance to stay close to the club. Enjoying the commentary and enjoying the result are seperate things.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

MikeHunt wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:14 pm I believe Jarvis and his younger brother, Seb, are opening a vape shop at Rushden Lakes so Jarvis is moving to this side of the county.
With a name like that, I'm not sure whether to take you seriously! :hmmm:
diamond.diva
Has Liked: 87 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by diamond.diva »

Ok Adrian I’m going to take issue with a comment on your post.
“The commentator tweets one of the listeners to say 'I hope you enjoyed the comms' ughhh bottom of the league, another game lost, edging ever closer to doomsday, who enjoys the comms or even thinks about if they enjoyed it or not when the team loses?”

I am a season ticket holder but was unable to get to the game as I was unwell! I did enjoy the usual excellent commentary as it enabled me to still listen to the game and follow how my team were playing . I am extremely grateful for the commentator on Radio Diamonds for allowing me , and others, do this! Just because you enjoy the commentary, and appreciate the work they do, doesn’t mean to say you are happy with where we sit or the result on the night! I love my team/club and think you are very unfair to be so picky on one comment!
I’m not going to apologise for trying to be positive and hopeful things will go right for us next game!
Continue to be as critical and depressing as you want but don’t knock others who are trying to remain positive , despite our position in the table!!
Last edited by diamond.diva on Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeHunt
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by MikeHunt »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:41 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:14 pm I believe Jarvis and his younger brother, Seb, are opening a vape shop at Rushden Lakes so Jarvis is moving to this side of the county.
With a name like that, I'm not sure whether to take you seriously! :hmmm:
It’s obviously not my real name!
Wobbly Wardley
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

Jarvis is a good signed, you say he plays Sunday league football and that being a problem as we shouldn’t be signing Sunday league players! Yes he does, he plays for the same team as Will Glennon no one seemed to have a problem with him being a Sunday league player! Actually that Hackleton Sunday team could probably compete in our league, as it’s made up of Bugbrooke players, Newport Pagnell players and now Wilson and Dean from us along with Glennon at Stamford.
Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Curly »

Adrian you really have little clue. Jarvis is a player that has played for at least 2 if not 3 seasons at step 3 with St Ives. As has been mentioned the Sunday team he plays for contains plenty of players from steps 3 to 5, nobody blinked an eyelid when Glennon was there.

As for the commentator criticism that's just plain silly, you don't have to enjoy the result to enjoy the coverage and as a club it really is an invaluable asset.

We all know that we need a few more players through the door to improve but our league standing and the fact that there is at least 8 clubs within a 30 mile radius spending more than we can makes that really difficult.

One thing I will agree on though is that the playing style thing has to be cast aside, we're simply not good enough to keep possession through the thirds to make an impact up the other end of the pitch. We have a pacy front line we have to start turning opposition defences and competing for second balls. At the minute it feels like the players are being asked to do something they can't do.

There is enough of the season to go to turn this around but it's going to take a monumental shift for it to do so, we simply cannot continue to miss chances like we do, it would also be lovely to see the opposition actually have to work for their goals rather than just be given them as they have been.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

We cannot be disappointed with the atmosphere we have near lost every game for a season and half for christ sake.

The 12th man hasn’t worked for about 50 games.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match Highlights with AFCRDTV