A Diamonds Shirt for the ages.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

A Diamonds Shirt for the ages.

Post by Dazzler »

oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Re: A Diamonds Shirt for the ages...

Post by oliv272 »

Great initiative, well done to all involved! Preordered mine straight away even though I didn't start supporting the team until 2009
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Bobdiddly
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: A Diamonds Shirt for the ages.

Post by Bobdiddly »

Oh.
I have the original and always enjoyed wearing it to our biggest games. It has various stains down the front that all have there own story attached.
My favourite was kiddy away on the independent supporters coach. we stopped at bridgenorth and caught the steam train in. I was on the terrace that used to bounce up and down with the crowd, eating one of there homemade cottage pies when bo henricksen ran in front of the away support. Everyone started giving him dogs abuse as usual and some bloke knocked my pie out of my hand.
That stain is still there now.
Now my old shirt will just get lost in the crowd!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Bobdiddly wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:41 am Oh.
I have the original and always enjoyed wearing it to our biggest games. It has various stains down the front that all have there own story attached.
My favourite was kiddy away on the independent supporters coach. we stopped at bridgenorth and caught the steam train in. I was on the terrace that used to bounce up and down with the crowd, eating one of there homemade cottage pies when bo henricksen ran in front of the away support. Everyone started giving him dogs abuse as usual and some bloke knocked my pie out of my hand.
That stain is still there now.
Now my old shirt will just get lost in the crowd!
There are elements with the new remastered kit that we won't be able to replicate from the original. Mainly it's the collar and the raised backing behind the embroidered logo that we can't replicate due to abortive MOQ's. Everything else should be about there, though.

It seems like this has been well received which is great and we've had a good number of orders already, we're at about 25% of target after 24hrs. The Club is clearly going to need to raise funds this summer whatever happens and this will give us a vital cash flow boost with no initial outlay. Please support it if you can, and get a true limited edition kit in the process.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

I haven't posted on this forum for many years but wanted to say what a great idea this is. The photos of both kits have been circulating on a few Whatsapp groups today with reminiscent legacy R&D fans buzzing and keen to buy. Great job BR!
Bobdiddly

Post by Bobdiddly »

Those Leeds games were amazing.
I still remember the ball pinging around in the goal mouth scramble, then the net moving when Carl heggs used his shin to nock it in.
Alan smiths first goal was his first senior goal for Leeds United.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Bobdiddly wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:33 pm Alan smiths first goal was his first senior goal for Leeds United.
Never the one to miss a chance to be pedantic, but Alan Smith had scored a few goals prior to those two against us. He actually scored with his first touch in senior football, against Liverpool in the Premier League, in the November before we played Leeds.

The fact I know this meant I won a bet against my A-Level PE teacher while on a football trip to Barcelona in 2001, and he had to shave off half of one eyebrow as a result!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Bobdiddly

Post by Bobdiddly »

Just off to shave something myself.
Well done dave!
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times