Won [ Sat 27th Apr ] v Walsall Wood, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Apr ] v Walsall Wood, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by StaceyH »

Loughborough’s voluntary relegation will come under the ‘after the end of the season’ banner; their record will not be expunged and they will not finish bottom of the table.
Any decision on reprieves or otherwise will be for the FA Leagues committee (not the individual leagues) to make and they won’t meet until all the play offs across all the leagues have taken place.
It is The FA so don’t expect them to meet any time soon but it will be decided ahead of the league AGMs in mid-June so that the constitutions can be ratified. We need to patient and plan for all eventualities.

It’s also worth remembering that IF we are reprieved, we will retain a place in a step 4 league and could be moved back to the SL!
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

StaceyH wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:41 pm It’s also worth remembering that IF we are reprieved, we will retain a place in a step 4 league and could be moved back to the SL!
Fair point.

Given Mildenhall and Newmarket or Thetford are coming up to Step 4, I would imagine Cambridge City will be very keen to move to the Isthmian League, leaving a space for us to fill.

The obvious complication is us ground sharing with Wellingborough, you would assume The FA would place us in the same league :hmmm:
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Non league maps, who runs the following doc:

Believes the following, which is basically word for word what I posted yesterday - I truly am inclined to believe that if we were not offered a reprieve it would be unprecedented:
There are 2 scenarios here.

1 - 2 vacancies are created by the 2 Step 3 resignations.

2 - 2 vacancies are created by 2 Step 4 resignations.

The former are done by PPG across the country.

The latter are done in division as the club who resigns are placed bottom for relegation purposes.

The resignations of Marske & Nuneaton reprieve Thame United & Brighouse.

The resignation of New Salamis should reprieve Stowmarket. There is a slight complication in that bottom placed teams aren't reprieved but as East Thurrock didnt complete the season, Stowmarket shouldn't be classed as bottom.

Loughborough Dynamo's resignations saves Rushden in division. (interestingly they're also 4th in the ppg ranking)

I'd say the only uncertainty is that it could be Hednesford reprieved rather than Stowmarket effectively placed above the relegation zone.
Lee Tomlin la la la
rickthediamond

Post by rickthediamond »

IMG_6971.png
IMG_6971.png (439.7 KiB) Viewed 895 times
Latest projections show us reprieved, but also bloomin Real Bedford moved into our division.
Lee Tomlin la la la
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

rickthediamond wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 pm Non league maps, who runs the following doc:

Believes the following, which is basically word for word what I posted yesterday - I truly am inclined to believe that if we were not offered a reprieve it would be unprecedented:

The latter are done in division as the club who resigns are placed bottom for relegation purposes.

The resignation of New Salamis should reprieve Stowmarket. There is a slight complication in that bottom placed teams aren't reprieved but as East Thurrock didnt complete the season, Stowmarket shouldn't be classed as bottom.

Loughborough Dynamo's resignations saves Rushden in division. (interestingly they're also 4th in the ppg ranking)

I'd say the only uncertainty is that it could be Hednesford reprieved rather than Stowmarket effectively placed above the relegation zone.
I don't have Thame as reprieved. Has that come from the chap that compiles that document? The Southern League Division One Central was only relegating one this season as they were short on numbers, so I don't believe Thame have been relegated.

For what it's worth, completely unofficially I have us 2nd/3rd.

Brighouse - 0.97
Hednesdford - 0.84 (GD much better than ours, if that's the next separator)
Diamonds - 0.84
Chipstead - 0.76
Beckenham - 0.76
Paulton - 0.72
Stowmarket - 0.16

There is one club that finished bottom with a better PPG than us (Winterton - 0.92), however I believe they are excluded from possible reprieve as it's reserved for Club's that finish second bottom.

For me, this means that Brighouse and Hednesford will be reprieved as a result of Marske and Nuneaton resignations and that regardless of whether they decide to follow precedence and reprieve us on the basis that we were in the same division as Loughborough, we would be next in line anyway nationally.

I should stress that this is my own thoughts.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rickthediamond

Post by rickthediamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:19 pm
rickthediamond wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 pm Non league maps, who runs the following doc:

I don't have Thame as reprieved. Has that come from the chap that compiles that document? The Southern League Division One Central was only relegating one this season as they were short on numbers, so I don't believe Thame have been relegated.

For what it's worth, completely unofficially I have us 2nd/3rd.

Brighouse - 0.97
Hednesdford - 0.84 (GD much better than ours, if that's the next separator)
Diamonds - 0.84
Chipstead - 0.76
Beckenham - 0.76
Paulton - 0.72
Stowmarket - 0.16

There is one club that finished bottom with a better PPG than us (Winterton - 0.92), however I believe they are excluded from possible reprieve as it's reserved for Club's that finish second bottom.

For me, this means that Brighouse and Hednesford will be reprieved as a result of Marske and Nuneaton resignations and that regardless of whether they decide to follow precedence and reprieve us on the basis that we were in the same division as Loughborough, we would be next in line anyway nationally.

I should stress that this is my own thoughts.
Hi mate, as far as I’m aware/seen (including from the people that run the two docs I’ve put on here), each step 4 league is relegating two teams this season regardless of whether there is only 19 teams in the division. Thame will be reprieved, so will Brighouse. Hednesford are 3rd in the PPG and us 4th. Obviously you will have better sources than me though so you may just be right. For anyone interested in all of this debate, the Non League Matters forum really is a good place to find information out.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

rickthediamond wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm IMG_6971.png
Latest projections show us reprieved, but also bloomin Real Bedford moved into our division.
This makes sense. As I said yesterday, Cambridge City moving east given the two Suffolk clubs getting promoted makes absolute sense. I can't see us moving to the Southern League unless Real Bedford and Wellingborough came with us which is extremely unlikely.

In an ideal world, Bedford would move south and the NPL would gain Chasetown or Litchfield.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 304 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Ruben Waytt promoted to Northampton 1st Team squad👏👏
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

rickthediamond wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm IMG_6971.png
What’s wrong with having Real in the same league?? Another very local fixture against a Club with a rapidly growing supporter base so possibly a decent away following helping generate revenue. If the answer is “they will spend big to win the league” is that relevant to Diamonds next season I’d have thought mid to top 3rd of the table stability is the main order of the day for 2024/25 season.
rickthediamond

Post by rickthediamond »

To be fair, a big part of why I would rather them stay in the Southern Division is because of their resources yes. I’m worried about the fact that we already compete in a similar player pool with the Bedfordshire clubs and having the biggest spender would potentially be damaging to our recruitment. I won’t lie, I’ve also grown a distaste for their owner other recent months, the more he tweets the more I dislike him. Seems to him that the only way to engage in non league discussion is by abusing people online.
Lee Tomlin la la la