Next Up... Rushden and Diamonds!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Next Up... Rushden and Diamonds!

Post by sussexdiamond »

Eastbourne Boroughs next home match is against us and on current home form will be a very hard game.

I have had the privelege of seeing Borough 4 times this season and they have scored 16 goals!( I did miss the first goal yesterday). Their home performances are quite phenomenal and we will need to be at our best if we are to get anything from this match.

In Ross Treleaven they have a really good prospect. Very fast, especially on the break and he has an amazing long throw.(For JE's benefit he is particularly effective when throwing in from the right,he can either float them or zip them in.

EB are very effective from free kicks but also very weak defending them. The keeper Rikki Banks is a weaklink as he is very hesitant in coming off his line. Also if he not suspended Neil Jenkins at right back is very fiery and easily wound up.

They have signed two players on loan this week to bolster the defence and both looked strong.
Cook from Brighton had a very good game and Mambo fom Charlton came on for last 20mins and he is VERY tall and likes to come up for corners.

Its a shame the game is midweek as EB is great place to visit and the fans are very friendly Sussex folk..unlike those at Crawley.

I may sound as though I have been converted but I will never forsake my first love, the Diamonds.

This season is the first time I have seen Boro win a match after about 10 visits over the last 3 years.

If they get a penalty it will be taken by Simon Weathestone and he always scores and always hits it hard and low.(either side of keeper)

Hope that as many of you as pos can make the trip and in the meantime we can get a good result v Histon and knock Crawley off their perch.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: Next Up... Rushden and Diamonds!

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond wrote:Eastbourne Boroughs next home match is against us and on current home form will be a very hard game.

I have had the privelege of seeing Borough 4 times this season and they have scored 16 goals!( I did miss the first goal yesterday). Their home performances are quite phenomenal and we will need to be at our best if we are to get anything from this match.

In Ross Treleaven they have a really good prospect. Very fast, especially on the break and he has an amazing long throw.(For JE's benefit he is particularly effective when throwing in from the right,he can either float them or zip them in.

EB are very effective from free kicks but also very weak defending them. The keeper Rikki Banks is a weaklink as he is very hesitant in coming off his line. Also if he not suspended Neil Jenkins at right back is very fiery and easily wound up.

They have signed two players on loan this week to bolster the defence and both looked strong.
Cook from Brighton had a very good game and Mambo fom Charlton came on for last 20mins and he is VERY tall and likes to come up for corners.

Its a shame the game is midweek as EB is great place to visit and the fans are very friendly Sussex folk..unlike those at Crawley.

I may sound as though I have been converted but I will never forsake my first love, the Diamonds.

This season is the first time I have seen Boro win a match after about 10 visits over the last 3 years.

If they get a penalty it will be taken by Simon Weathestone and he always scores and always hits it hard and low.(either side of keeper)

Hope that as many of you as pos can make the trip and in the meantime we can get a good result v Histon and knock Crawley off their perch.
Nice scouting report!