Southport vs Rushden & Diamonds Match Thread:

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: Southport vs Rushden & Diamonds Match Thread:

Post by Dazzler »

oliv272 wrote:What the hell no Roberts? must be injuried and isn't that other goal keeper the old man who is training the GKs now lets hope day can do the job.
Yep - as mentioned in the England C thread...
--
http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... 815#p21082
--
Dale sat out the 2nd half after looking like he was limping slightly at end of first half, although I didn't notice when he did it. Anyway wishing a speedy recovery to Dale!
--

Also nice of Max to come over at the start of the Southport game and thank (on behalf of Dale and himself) Mark and I for going over to the C match - top bloke!

I was putting the flag up again behind the goal - thanks for the fans behind the goal re-tying the middle bit, as my fellow (amateur) flag hanger didn't do it properly..saved me getting wet again as I was just on the way over!

The flag - sole occupant of Terrace in the 2nd half...

Hope you paid your £1.50 transfer fee from Terrace to Stand ;-) The stewards were saying before game "NO TRANSFERS!" - which made no sense really...
olio

Post by olio »

Dazzler wrote:
oliv272 wrote:What the hell no Roberts? must be injuried and isn't that other goal keeper the old man who is training the GKs now lets hope day can do the job.
Yep - as mentioned in the England C thread...
--
http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... 815#p21082
--
Dale sat out the 2nd half after looking like he was limping slightly at end of first half, although I didn't notice when he did it. Anyway wishing a speedy recovery to Dale!
--

Also nice of Max to come over at the start of the Southport game and thank (on behalf of Dale and himself) Mark and I for going over to the C match - top bloke!

I was putting the flag up again behind the goal - thanks for the fans behind the goal re-tying the middle bit, as my fellow (amateur) flag hanger didn't do it properly..saved me getting wet again as I was just on the way over!

The flag - sole occupant of Terrace in the 2nd half...

Hope you paid your £1.50 transfer fee from Terrace to Stand ;-) The stewards were saying before game "NO TRANSFERS!" - which made no sense really...
No I decided to stand behind the goal, thinking the rain would soonstop. 30 minutes into thegame and with 9 of us soaked, the stewards finally allowed us to sit down. They used the excuse that the previous week, there had been trouble with Mansfield fans moving from the terrace to the stand, so they wwere clamping down on it. :How were nine fans going to cause trouble for them :?
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

olio wrote:Just got back from the game. Overall, happy we got a draw considering we were behind twice. However, we dominated large parts of the game, and restricted Southport to a few half chances aside from the goals. The front three of Howe, O'Connor and Farrell worked well in the first half, with howe holding up the ball well and bringing others into play. Why he was brought off at half time i don't know, maybe something was said? We showed fighting spirit in the second half without creating as much as in the first half, and o'connors goal was beautifully worked and johnson's took a deflection on it's way in. Staurt was at his commanding best, huke didn't play too well as he gave the ball away too much, Day and Miller both did good jobs at full back, power buzzed around and nearly scored on two occasions. We looked dangerous going forward, but defensively, we still look a bit shaky, which i'm sure Edinburgh will be addressing in training. Absolutely peeing it down in the first half, but while nearly everyone was sat down, 9 (including me) braved the conditions on the terrace behind the goal, getting absolutely soaked as a result, until we were allowed to move to sit down with the rest of the diamonds fans. Credit to them :D. Good singing by the diamonds fans in the second half, and got behind the lads, which was good to see.
Agreed with all of that. Sloppy defending is costing us at least one goal every game at the moment, and it's something we MUST put a stop to. At least we looked more threatening going forwards yesterday, although there is still definitely room for improvement in that area. I just hope that Howe's injury won't force him to miss any games, because we will really miss him (even if we did score twice after he went off yesterday).
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297