That's good news

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: That's good news

Post by Three of Diamonds »

PigmanRDFC wrote:They charge a VERY sensible price for the level of football they play at, unlike some clubs I could mention:
http://www.eastbourneboroughfc.co.uk/Cl ... ts1011.htm
;)
I totally agree. What Luudon charge to walk through someone's back garden is a disgrace ;) :lol:
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I normally pay £10 as an over 60. But twice this season I have got in free as they issued "free entry" vouchers if you bought aprogramme for Airbourne in August. Prog was £5 so good money saver.

Well worth the money with the number of goals we have seen this season. 24 in 5 games.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
PigmanRDFC wrote:They charge a VERY sensible price for the level of football they play at, unlike some clubs I could mention:
http://www.eastbourneboroughfc.co.uk/Cl ... ts1011.htm
;)
I totally agree. What Luddon charge to walk through someone's back garden is a disgrace ;) :lol:
It is ludicrous what they charge true, but at least they charge "like for like", you get a seat (sort of in the away end !!) wherever you are in the ground, you don't get asked to pay seat prices to stand.

Out of interest, what did FGR do when faced with the same situation as us, does anyone know??? They were the only other club affected by this directive (which I have still not seen the wording of !!!).
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I'll answer my own question (taken from their website):

* Away fans should note that where numbers of travelling support is less than 455, access to the Terraces will not be available. Instead, they will be accommodated in the South (EESI) Stand and under these circumstances, will be charged the equivalent of the Terrace prices, i.e. £13, £8 and £2 accordingly.

Now that's how to deal with it !!! Glad someone has a grasp of what to charge at this level !!
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

^^ The only thing to note is they've got a Terrace available for away fans whether they are in it or not.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

But they have dealt with the issue of having to charge the same as the lowest home fans ticket price the proper way (IMO), how many sides will take more than 455 to FGR this season, that means the vast majority of away fans will pay £13 for a seat, they haven't hiked their home fan prices up to the price of the highest seat to deal with the problem.

Also, Cambridge will only charge the home terrace price for us to sit I understand.................if we take enough fans to make it worthwhile them opening it of course ;)