Mark Byrne

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
kiwikid

Mark Byrne

Post by kiwikid »

... scored for Barnet today; still lost to Stockport 2-1! Should have stayed with a winning team :D :D
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Mark Byrne

Post by BartonRaz »

I was thinking about Byrne earlier, part of him must wish he was still here. I think he alone would improve our chances of promotion massively.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

BartonRaz wrote:I was thinking about Byrne earlier, part of him must wish he was still here
I'll be honest and say I don't think so, even on a losing team he's getting experience for his actual club at a higher level than we could offer.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

But he is not experiencing winning, he is playing in a loosing team and that must be knocking his confidence.. I think he will move on in january to a club doing better although unfortunatly i don't think that club will be us
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

DiamondsR4ever wrote:But he is not experiencing winning, he is playing in a loosing team and that must be knocking his confidence.. I think he will move on in january to a club doing better although unfortunatly i don't think that club will be us
I don't know so much. It really depends on how Forest view the situation and how Mark himself views it. They may easily put him down a level due to his spell at Barnet, they might not. It also depends upon how we're doing come January.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

With a header as well wasn't it??? Must have been some shortarsed defenders he was up against eh? :lol:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

PigmanRDFC wrote:With a header as well wasn't it??? Must have been some shortarsed defenders he was up against eh? :lol:
It not all about height but more about timing the jump and getting a good header on target. For a big bloke look how poor Rankine was with his headers.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Trek wrote:
PigmanRDFC wrote:With a header as well wasn't it??? Must have been some shortarsed defenders he was up against eh? :lol:
It not all about height but more about timing the jump and getting a good header on target. .
That, or it was a very low cross :lol: :lol:
AFC R & D member number 34