She's in a sorry state

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: She's in a sorry state

Post by Bob's Bitch »

bedforddiamond wrote:A very hypothetical question, but here goes:

If you won the Euro Millions on Friday night (I don't know how much it is this week, let's say £90million) would you, probably via a third party, to ensure KC didn't know the true identity of the buyer, buy Nene park off him and develop the new AFCRD there. A base for all the teams, together as one with such fantastic facilities and if you did, how much would you be willing to pay/plough in, to bring it back to former glory?
God no! The place is a money black hole. I'd rather sink £2-3m into building a sustainable site nearer Rushden, which could generate income for the club, or at the least not lose it shedloads of cash. It was a nice stadium with 3-4k in it, but with >1.5k it was eerie and way too big. It's also in a crap location.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Pigman wrote:

If you won the Euro Millions on Friday night (I don't know how much it is this week, let's say £90million) would you, probably via a third party, to ensure KC didn't know the true identity of the buyer, buy Nene park off him and develop the new AFCRD there. A base for all the teams, together as one with such fantastic facilities and if you did, how much would you be willing to pay/plough in, to bring it back to former glory?
No, I wouldn't want to put a penny in that man's pocket. Nene Park is part of our past now, I'd invest in some land to build a stadium befitting our size, with space to develop as we progress and enough room for pitches for all our community sides. I have a perfect plan in my head :D

NP would just give us a massive weight around our necks that would drag us down.
Absolutely agree with Jim, especially as it's not big enough for all our teams
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

therushden wrote:no.
don't care it's in a state of disrepair either.
Agree 100%.
If someone pretended to be your mate and was going to help sort all your problems out then ran off with your beautiful Mrs and left you bankrupt, how would you feel if you saw said (hypothetical) wife 3 years later and she looked a right dog :!: :!: even if you were back on your feet and had some money would you want her back :twisted: (the next bit gets a little mixed up though)
No you would carry on sharing the wife of someone down the road you don`t even like that much, and spend a few quid turning her into a bit of a looker, content in the knowledge that a few years down the line the is a right little stunner who isn`t high maintenance waiting for you.
Sorry Mr Chairman if any of the above is not totally PC :lol:
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Brownie wrote:
therushden wrote:no.
don't care it's in a state of disrepair either.
Agree 100%.
If someone pretended to be your mate and was going to help sort all your problems out then ran off with your beautiful Mrs and left you bankrupt, how would you feel if you saw said (hypothetical) wife 3 years later and she looked a right dog :!: :!: even if you were back on your feet and had some money would you want her back :twisted: (the next bit gets a little mixed up though)
No you would carry on sharing the wife of someone down the road you don`t even like that much, and spend a few quid turning her into a bit of a looker, content in the knowledge that a few years down the line the is a right little stunner who isn`t high maintenance waiting for you.
Sorry Mr Chairman if any of the above is not totally PC :lol:
Well I must be as mad as you because that made perfect sense to me :lol: :lol:
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

With those kind of resources the site could be made usable and sustainable for under £30 million I'd guess (the estimated total cost spent by Max on the site). I'd only be willing to pay KC what he paid though (£512k) and I'd want the chance to tell him face to face to get orf my land once the tranaction was complete (USHERED off if needed by my men) :lol:
The main stadium would need quite a facelift/ downgrade IMO. It's a ready made site, what's a "new build" going to cost us anyway?
AFC R & D member number 34
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Three of Diamonds wrote:

With those kind of resources the site could be made usable and sustainable for under £30 million I'd guess (the estimated total cost spent by Max on the site). I'd only be willing to pay KC what he paid though (£512k) and I'd want the chance to tell him face to face to get orf my land once the tranaction was complete (USHERED off if needed by my men) :lol:
The main stadium would need quite a facelift/ downgrade IMO. It's a ready made site, what's a "new build" going to cost us anyway?
How would you give it a downgrade though? I don't think a new build would cost that much compared to how much it would cost to change and then run NP, plus I think going back to NP would be such a backwards step for the new club.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

I agree with every comment about not moving back and I can't believe anyone, whether they had millions in the bank or not would even consider it. Surely building a brand new ground that we could call ours is the way forward.

Do people really believe that having a high bank balance would bring success? As soon as max left then the slide started and cost the club dearly. Nene park was just a pit that sucked up every pound, and contributed towards the slide massively.

New club, new start!!
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Nene Park, as SouthRushdenJFC has pointed out, is totally unsuitable for our future needs. 22 acres of land it may be but the Sports and Exhibition Centre and other land owned by Peter Wilson is in the way. Acres of existing car parking not required and insufficient land on a difficult triangular site for the number of community pitches that we would need.
Anyone who visited Creasey Park Dunstable and viewed their facilities, as I did, could see a blue print for our needs. Cost effective low maintenance main stadium, modern clubhouse incorporating a bar, changing rooms and other meeting rooms, 3G full sized all weather training pitch and acres of space for many community pitches.
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Trek wrote:Nene Park, as SouthRushdenJFC has pointed out, is totally unsuitable for our future needs. 22 acres of land it may be but the Sports and Exhibition Centre and other land owned by Peter Wilson is in the way. Acres of existing car parking not required and insufficient land on a difficult triangular site for the number of community pitches that we would need.
Anyone who visited Creasey Park Dunstable and viewed their facilities, as I did, could see a blue print for our needs. Cost effective low maintenance main stadium, modern clubhouse incorporating a bar, changing rooms and other meeting rooms, 3G full sized all weather training pitch and acres of space for many community pitches.
I thought whilst AFC Dunastable was Ok, it is I hope a little lacking, well alot, in what I would hope we would go for, I feel the main stadium needs to be enclosed on all sides, with one main seating area up to around 1000 seats and a terrace behind one goal, any less I feel will send out the wrong signals to potential punters and floaters. If we go too conservative I feel people will just think the club is stagnated and we will not be able to build on the current excellent core support.

What I am probably suggesting is Corby towns ground in the first phase or St Neots, both excellent examples we should be looking at, and then take it from there etc.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote:Nene Park, as SouthRushdenJFC has pointed out, is totally unsuitable for our future needs. 22 acres of land it may be but the Sports and Exhibition Centre and other land owned by Peter Wilson is in the way. Acres of existing car parking not required and insufficient land on a difficult triangular site for the number of community pitches that we would need.
Yours for £3M - http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/News/F ... refurb.htm - if you have the land to start with.