Members Forum - New Ground Options

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Members Forum - New Ground Options

Post by davealbon »

Pigman wrote:Or maybe I have? My understanding is that WTFC were remaining, I could be wrong though.
Wellingborough are being evicted, and as we are sub-letting from them we are effectively being evicted as well. There was perhaps some hope that we could renegotiate a lease with the landlord, separate from Wellingborough, but I guess that wasn't possible. Wellingborough have suggested that they will fold as a result.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Pigman
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Thanks Dave, must have misunderstood - it happens occasionally :cheesy:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

As stated on here it's not rocket science predicting the options. A ground within a given radius that is already up to the required standard as would assume unless the League / FA grant a some special exemption wherever we play next season will have to be Step3/4 standard by April next year. Given the possibilities I no my favoured option, though whichever it is I hope it's only a stop gap measure with a view to the Clubs material assets i.e PDB terrace being moved somewhere closer to Rushden for the following season, as more than a season away could I fear affect gates and we all know once folk get in the habit of not coming it's a hell of a job getting them back.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Welly are hoping to stay another year so they cab celebrate their 150th Anniversary. How they get a hundrerd and fifty years from 2004 to 2017, even in dog years, is beyond me.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Well done everyone involved. From what is not an ideal situation, the board have presented three really positive options. Make sure we have as many people as possible voting so we can have a clear mandate for the board to progress our preferred solution.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Rushdenjim wrote:Well done everyone involved. From what is not an ideal situation, the board have presented three really positive options. Make sure we have as many people as possible voting so we can have a clear mandate for the board to progress our preferred solution.
So what are the three options?
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
Rushdenjim wrote:Well done everyone involved. From what is not an ideal situation, the board have presented three really positive options. Make sure we have as many people as possible voting so we can have a clear mandate for the board to progress our preferred solution.
All is available on the members forum.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
They're on the members' area of the OWS. I'm guessing any discussion should take place on the forum on there.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Pigman
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Just want to say well done to Ralph for putting everything over so clearly - not an easy task to stand up in front of that number of people for 3 hours talking!!

There is only one sensible option and if we don't vote for it then I truly believe we will kill our club!

I'll keep my chat to the members forum for now - but I feel positive and although there is a lot of hard work ahead, the landlord of the D&D may have done us a favour in the longer term! Time will tell.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
paulg

Post by paulg »

Fantastic effort from Ralph to summarise all that information tonight. Huge thanks also to all the board members who've clearly gone to great lengths to research and negotiate 3 really positive options for us to mull over, 2 of which are certainly much better than I'd been imagining. The future could be very bright indeed!