Shirt Sponsorship 'Raffle'

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Shirt Sponsorship 'Raffle'

Post by StaceyH »

Winning number was 57, 2nd place 39 and 3rd place 27......did we win?
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

We didn't get told (or AK didn't know) our number so its a mystery!
AndyKirkup
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

DiamondsFan wrote:We didn't get told (or AK didn't know) our number so its a mystery!
Yep,

No-one said anything to me about a number.

I'll be ringing the club tomorrow morning to find out!
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

I don't understand why they couldn't have announced it at half time, what's the big secret?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:I don't understand why they couldn't have announced it at half time, what's the big secret?
Perhaps they want to avoid embarrassment if it falls through, can't see how it would though.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dougie

Post by Dougie »

I posted earlier in this thread saying my feeling was that, given the inept way the club have gone about promoting and ‘selling’ this shirt sponsorship raffle to the business community, I should be surprised if they succeeded in selling more than twenty tickets.
As things have progressed, I shall be amazed if they actually sold more than ten and sadly as a result – but entirely predictably – without entrants being warned or raffle ticket numbers being allocated to them in advance, it looks like random numbers were drawn yesterday to conceal the very small number of raffle tickets sold.
And, with minimal income having been generated as a result, it seems likely that no winner was announced because, given the small amount of money raised, KC obviously doesn’t want to allocate a shirt sponsorship now in case someone offering more later appears on the scene.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Maybe they are doing photoshoots of the lucky winners and a formal announcement will be made, who knows, but at least the Club attempted to raise funds. Of course we could just slag the club off for trying to get sponsors and maybe Dougie can organise the next sponsorship hunt as it seems he knows how to do it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Dougie

Post by Dougie »

Corporate marketing and image promotion is how I make my living so it really isn’t a case of “slagging the club off” as you put it, more the disappointment of seeing problems that have been apparent for a long period of time - and those previously anticipated specific to this particular project – not being addressed by the club.
AndyKirkup
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

I think you each have a point to an extent - the club could perhaps have done a little more in terms of promoting the competition but calling them inept is a bit uncalled for. There are only a small number of people working there and they all have plenty of other stuff on their plates. The draw was certainly run fairly and the numbers that they drew at half time were not unrealistic according to the information that I have been given.

Unfortunately we didn't win anything, however someone from the forum will still be the lucky winner of a luxury matchday trip to the club.

Isn't it funny though that on the day on which the entries closed for the draw we signed Tim Sills....

2+2=....

Well done and thankyou to everyone who contributed - little bits of financial help like this really do go a long way at a club like ours.
Last edited by AndyKirkup on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

The club staff have very limited experience of marketing and i would suspect no budget to bombard local companies with leaflets or cold calls but i know they e-mailed many companies who they had previous dealing with over the years.

To call it a failure only hours after the event is a little premature, give the Club a chance and why announce winning numbers if they sold bugger all tickets :?:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32