Shirt Sponsorship 'Raffle'

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Shirt Sponsorship 'Raffle'

Post by Formic »

I understand the reason for the use of numbers rather than names during the draw was that some of the entrants did not want their names publicised at that stage - I assume they want to wait until the launch date of the shirt for whatever brand / name they propose to use should they have won - but I'm no expert in marketing.
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Maybe if all the names of the companies were revealed then that in itself would be advertising for them even though they did not win the first prize of cheap advertising. :lol:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Formic wrote:I understand the reason for the use of numbers rather than names during the draw was that some of the entrants did not want their names publicised at that stage - I assume they want to wait until the launch date of the shirt for whatever brand / name they propose to use should they have won - but I'm no expert in marketing.
That sounds like a good enough reason for the delay to me.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Come on guys, why are you digging at the Club again? Every raffle I've ever entered has used numbers instead of names, it's no big deal.
I really do hope that this very creative initiative has raised significant funds for the Club. I take my hat off to those of you who took part and look forward to seeing our new shirt sponors' name(s) on the shirts soon.

AK - can this be unpinned now?
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
AndyKirkup
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

Diamondsforever wrote:Come on guys, why are you digging at the Club again? Every raffle I've ever entered has used numbers instead of names, it's no big deal.
I really do hope that this very creative initiative has raised significant funds for the Club. I take my hat off to those of you who took part and look forward to seeing our new shirt sponors' name(s) on the shirts soon.

Could you leave it for a coulpe more days please - just to remind people to send money ;-)
StaceyH
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Of course....just let me know when everyone's paid :D
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Mad Dog
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

AndyKirkup wrote:
Diamondsforever wrote:Come on guys, why are you digging at the Club again? Every raffle I've ever entered has used numbers instead of names, it's no big deal.

Could you leave it for a coulpe more days please - just to remind people to send money ;-)
^^

Did you have to make up the difference or are the club happy for you to pay off the full price of the ticket in the next few days.

If it the latter, it could be another reason for not revealling the names to the numbers in case those who missed out decide to pull the plug and we end up having to chase them more than we have to.

TBH, I wouldn't worry about it too much. We don't know how long it will take to tie up all the loose ends. It is a business contract at the end of the day, and there was no pointing dotting the i's and crossing the t's with every single entrant. Look at the forum, there isn't even a logo in place yet (I know there's an idea, but, there's not a final design that we could put on the shirt tomorrow).

Give it time. If by Mansfield (which is when it's due on the shirts I believe) nothing has been heard, then there will be a case to criticise. Still early days.
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

I hope the club are not naive enough to enter someone into a prize draw without first receiving the entrance fee up front, thus enabling them to as you put it "pull the plug". I'm sure that the club are far too savvy to get caught out by time wasters at this stage of the game.
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

paypal payment sent. I don't know if we raised enough but if we did and there was a surplus I'm sure most people would agree to donate it to the youth team.
AndyKirkup
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

Cotty wrote:paypal payment sent. I don't know if we raised enough but if we did and there was a surplus I'm sure most people would agree to donate it to the youth team.
Got it, thanks.