Can you help???? Volunteers needed Saturday night !!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Can you help???? Volunteers needed Saturday night !!!

Post by Pigman »

Apologies for hi-jacking the Board, but hopefully having read this you'll understand why.

Keech Hospice care for patients and offer support to families and friends of terminally ill children and adults. They aim to give the most appropritae and efficient treatment and care to patients to assist in the relief of their physical and emotional suffering and to help them lead an acceptable, purposeful and fulfilling life in their home or in the Hospice.

This Saturday they are running their Annual Women's Midnight Walk (10 miles) in Bedford and they are in deserate need of people to volunteer and act as stewards to help the event run smoothly and safely - they are currently 15 stewards short.

If the Hospice don't get enough volunteers to carry out these duties then they will have to pay for professional stewards, the cost of which obviously comes out of the sponsorships money raised..........last year over a dozen MK Dongs stewards came over and made a big thing of telling everyone else (who had volunteered) how much money they were making - scum :evil: !!!!

I helped steward it last year and will be doing so again this year - but can you help??

You need no previous experience and I guarantee that although you'll be tired by the time the sun comes up, you'll feel a great sense of satisfaction and pride at having helped such a fantastic charity raise much needed funds.

If you can help call Clare Bestall-Phillips on 01582 492339 and she'll give you all the details, which basically are you'll need to be at the Bunyan Centre in Bedford for a 10.30pm briefing, expect it all to finish by 4.30am !!

Hope someone can help and thanks for reading !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman

Re: Can you help???? Volunteers needed Saturday night !!!

Post by Pigman »

Just bumping this up in the hope someone might help!
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

PigmanRDFC wrote:Just bumping this up in the hope someone might help!

I would offer to help mate but I'm awaiting the keys for my new house, IF I get them Saturday I'll be spending the day cleaning it in preparation for moving in. If not you can count me in, I'll know for definite Friday.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Red Diamond

Post by Red Diamond »

rudolph_hucker wrote:

I would offer to help mate but I'm awaiting the keys for my new house, IF I get them Saturday I'll be spending the day cleaning it in preparation for moving in. If not you can count me in, I'll know for definite Friday.
Surely you need to clean the house after the house warming party! ;)
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Red Diamond wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote:

Surely you need to clean the house after the house warming party! ;)
Mate, its a nice house that was owned by a dog owning smoker. I couldn't invite people in there like that, but if YOU'RE offering to host the party for me ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Don't worry about it Lee, sounds like you've got more important things to worry about mate !! Good luck with the new house !!
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Can't be there - elswhere at the time, but very worthwhile cause so just bumping...