Darlo sign another prick!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Darlo sign another prick!

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Can't wait for their visit! :twisted:
http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,2 ... 59,00.html
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: Darlo sign another prick!

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Darlo sign another quality player...

IF he sorts his attitude out, he could be one heck of a player at this level!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Darlo sign another quality player...

IF he sorts his attitude out, he could be one heck of a player at this level!
I'm pretty sure we all said that when we signed him! To be fair though Cooper is a better manager than that bald wanker so he might have a chance. The smart money's on him pissing off after 5 or so games though.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I kinda lost interest at the time cos the guy was a cock of the highest order, but didn't we hold his player registration preventing him from playing for an English side (he went to Greece or Turkey didn't he before playing in Scotland)???? I presume that matter has been resolved now then????

He's a legend in his own lunchtime, flashes of brilliance followed by looooong periods of mediocrity before tantrums and flouncing off ................should fit in a treat up there ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

PigmanRDFC wrote:I kinda lost interest at the time cos the guy was a cock of the highest order, but didn't we hold his player registration preventing him from playing for an English side (he went to Greece or Turkey didn't he before playing in Scotland)???? I presume that matter has been resolved now then????
He's a legend in his own lunchtime, flashes of brilliance followed by looooong periods of mediocrity before tantrums and flouncing off ................should fit in a treat up there ;)
I could be wrong but I think KC explained at the fans forum a couple of years ago that it was for what the duration of his contract would have been. When he played in Scotland, that period had expired.
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

I heard that eastbourne offered him a contract which he turned down. IMO that proves that all he said on the brighton forum were just pretty words (caring about playing for the right club whatever the level not the money, wanting to stay settled in the brighton area etc). Still could do well for them if he can keep his attitude in line. You also just know he will feel he has a point to prove when we play them.
Jordio

Post by Jordio »

Looks like they can't sign him at the moment:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 008941.stm

I wonder if we are due some sort of compensation then if they do sign him?
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

It seems Mr Knight and Agent thought that the Contract with us expired this summer 2010, allowing him to return to England however it is being reported that we had a 12 month extension on the original contract which we invoked so keeping his registration until summer 2011.

So if the above is true then unless he or a Club pays us thirty grand he still cannot play in England.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

So we originally signed him on a three year contract?! I think I might have an idea as to why we've had financial problems in the last few seasons...
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

http://twitter.com/knightie82

"Yep the pfa and fa r doing nothing rushden and diamonds football club is a joke keith cousins the chairman and colin hill who funds the club still to this date. Gary hill who was the manager when I was there is a complete tit they think there the MOB loooooooool"

"rushden do not want me playing they already said they will f*** up my footballing life be4 they sacked me so there still trying but it will all come out tonight 930 on Across local radio - live on 94,9 fm in the London area - or on>>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/nonleague. "

"and this is where the FA and PFA shud come in and say something but no one is doing nothing like I aint got my human rights !!"

"Im gonna be going wild on twitter all day f*** RUSHDEN&DIAMONDS the crooks"
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90