Southport vs Rushden & Diamonds Match Thread:

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
wewantourdarbyback

Re: Southport vs Rushden & Diamonds Match Thread:

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

FT 2-2
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

FT

considering we were behind twice not too bad a result ? but we should be beating these teams
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

We'll take this after two defeats
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
wewantourdarbyback wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:How the f*** has Johnson scored?
Putting the ball between the posts, under the bar and across the line.
You have no right to be a smartarse, you don't even know the score. ;)
Your post about that was too slow do deal with my edit :twisted:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

Am i right in saying we have draw/lost to all 4 new promoted teams hardly summit to be proud of although looking back a fleetwood town 1-1 was probly good since they r winning left right and centre.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

A draw stops the rot and considering we came back twice I don't think we can complain. Now I think we should look towards Histon and try and gain some confidence with a comfortable win before a tough game against Crawley, who have just scored a last minute winner against Gateshead.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

Mansfeild lost to Newport
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
olio

Post by olio »

Just got back from the game. Overall, happy we got a draw considering we were behind twice. However, we dominated large parts of the game, and restricted Southport to a few half chances aside from the goals. The front three of Howe, O'Connor and Farrell worked well in the first half, with howe holding up the ball well and bringing others into play. Why he was brought off at half time i don't know, maybe something was said? We showed fighting spirit in the second half without creating as much as in the first half, and o'connors goal was beautifully worked and johnson's took a deflection on it's way in. Staurt was at his commanding best, huke didn't play too well as he gave the ball away too much, Day and Miller both did good jobs at full back, power buzzed around and nearly scored on two occasions. We looked dangerous going forward, but defensively, we still look a bit shaky, which i'm sure Edinburgh will be addressing in training. Absolutely peeing it down in the first half, but while nearly everyone was sat down, 9 (including me) braved the conditions on the terrace behind the goal, getting absolutely soaked as a result, until we were allowed to move to sit down with the rest of the diamonds fans. Credit to them :D. Good singing by the diamonds fans in the second half, and got behind the lads, which was good to see.
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

olio wrote:Just got back from the game. Overall, happy we got a draw considering we were behind twice. However, we dominated large parts of the game, and restricted Southport to a few half chances aside from the goals. The front three of Howe, O'Connor and Farrell worked well in the first half, with howe holding up the ball well and bringing others into play. Why he was brought off at half time i don't know, maybe something was said? We showed fighting spirit in the second half without creating as much as in the first half, and o'connors goal was beautifully worked and johnson's took a deflection on it's way in. Staurt was at his commanding best, huke didn't play too well as he gave the ball away too much, Day and Miller both did good jobs at full back, power buzzed around and nearly scored on two occasions. We looked dangerous going forward, but defensively, we still look a bit shaky, which i'm sure Edinburgh will be addressing in training. Absolutely peeing it down in the first half, but while nearly everyone was sat down, 9 (including me) braved the conditions on the terrace behind the goal, getting absolutely soaked as a result, until we were allowed to move to sit down with the rest of the diamonds fans. Credit to them :D. Good singing by the diamonds fans in the second half, and got behind the lads, which was good to see.
Howe pulled a muscle in his back, be out for a game or two. JE said in his interview.
olio

Post by olio »

coolcuts wrote:
olio wrote:Just got back from the game. Overall, happy we got a draw considering we were behind twice. However, we dominated large parts of the game, and restricted Southport to a few half chances aside from the goals. The front three of Howe, O'Connor and Farrell worked well in the first half, with howe holding up the ball well and bringing others into play. Why he was brought off at half time i don't know, maybe something was said? We showed fighting spirit in the second half without creating as much as in the first half, and o'connors goal was beautifully worked and johnson's took a deflection on it's way in. Staurt was at his commanding best, huke didn't play too well as he gave the ball away too much, Day and Miller both did good jobs at full back, power buzzed around and nearly scored on two occasions. We looked dangerous going forward, but defensively, we still look a bit shaky, which i'm sure Edinburgh will be addressing in training. Absolutely peeing it down in the first half, but while nearly everyone was sat down, 9 (including me) braved the conditions on the terrace behind the goal, getting absolutely soaked as a result, until we were allowed to move to sit down with the rest of the diamonds fans. Credit to them :D. Good singing by the diamonds fans in the second half, and got behind the lads, which was good to see.
Oh sorry. Thought something might have been said, but obviously not. :oops:

Howe pulled a muscle in his back, be out for a game or two. JE said in his interview.
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002