I want...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
wewantourdarbyback

Re: I want...

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:Judging on his twitter rant, I think a certain Mr Knight has been watching too many gangster movies! :lol:

Seriously though, I hope the club releases a statement on this, the accusations on Leon's twitter are potentially libellous.
No potentially about it. They are libelous.

A libel doesn't have to be false, if a jury decides something is defamatory they assume it is false. Also no damage has to be proven by the club.

(I might have just done 5 media law exams)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Harry

Post by Harry »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:
Harry wrote:http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/leonknight/

Interesting petition.

I do not have a clue on the matter and if what is being said here is true, but if it is that is disgusting behaviour from the club.

Why? If we were backed by the FA and PFA to do this in the first place and had this contract why is it disgusting?
Not letting him play for the two years... completely fair enough.
Signing him on for a third against his will... seems a bit iffy to me.
Diamond down South.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Harry wrote:
wewantourdarbyback wrote:
Why? If we were backed by the FA and PFA to do this in the first place and had this contract why is it disgusting?
Not letting him play for the two years... completely fair enough.
Signing him on for a third against his will... seems a bit iffy to me.
Don't sign a contract that includes a third year extension that a club is allowed to access itself if you cannot conform to the code of conduct you agreed to follow.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

Over 16 clubs in 7 years for a fairly decent player

Says it all about him
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

The guy comes over as a bit of prat, always has done. Darlo have had a lucky escape - as to exercising our right to the 3rd year extension, why not? He signed the contract, if he doesn't like it stump up the cash !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

If they wanted him that bad they could have payed the 30k, but looking at his record over the previous years it is clear that he is not a player that will give you 100% and is not worth taking a 30k chance on..

I remeber seeing him play at nene park for wycombe? years ago and being outstanded by the ability that he had but he has repeatedly failed to deliver at his time here and in Scotland and at MKDons
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

DiamondsR4ever wrote:
I remeber seeing him play at nene park for wycombe? years ago and being outstanded by the ability that he had but he has repeatedly failed to deliver at his time here and in Scotland and at MKDons
He played and scored a hat-trick here for Brighton in a FA Cup 2nd Round match I think. Feel free to correct me though resident stattos, I could be wrong...
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

He has the ability, no doubting that, he just doesn't deliver consistently enough and has a bit of a reputation for being a distruptive element in the dressing room. He seems to be a legend in his own lunchtime and I for one am glad we've screwed him over, afterall, he did it to us !!

If he wants to play for Darlo, its simple, return the money !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

So Knight says if we don't return his registration he'll release all this information he claims to have? Sounds like blackmail to me . . . .
AFC R & D member number 34
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

"On the 20th September 2010, Leon went a bit mental on his twitter account [24], posting several controversial views about his time at Rushden & Diamonds[25]. As of the current moment, it is uncertain if these are true. However, Leon has threatened to take his story to the British Press in an attempt to gain more money so he can continue to fund his addiction for diamond burgers and expose the udnerlying issues around himself and Rushden & Diamonds, Rushden and Diamonds neglected to comment as they where to busy doing something important." from wikipedia, this could prove to badly hurt diamonds reputation if he does contact the british press we seem to be good as a club for getting into the national press for bad things P*** T**** was the last one. ( although of course its not the clubs fault)
FuriousHoon / Ollie