Frankly not impressed

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Frankly not impressed

Post by Rushdenjim »

Still attempting to walk the ball into the net, strikers missing some clear cut chances and then needing a defender to get us off to a start. Joe Day's kicking is about as useful as stevie wonder at a spot the difference contest! All of this was against a Histon side which is the worst I have ever seen it, and that I a pretty differcult thing to achieve. Crawley will be a far harder game and you need to raise ours accordingly.

But we have gained 3 points, collected a clean sheet so I sleep happily tonight :)
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Frankly not impressed

Post by BartonRaz »

Get a grip lad! Joe Day had a fine game, and it was a huge improvement on the Newport debacle.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Harry

Post by Harry »

From the title of this thread I assumed we'd lost... a 2-0 win is a 2-0 win! I'm always impressed with that. :D
Diamond down South.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Some people are just never happy :roll:

I thought we did ok tonight. Day impressed me in goal, we created lots of chances - sure we should have scored from a few more of them but we won the game and kept a clean sheet. Happy days :)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

I dont know why your complaining it was a good performance on the night down to 9 at the end though which is slightly worrying with Huke & Faz looked like he was struggling (not sure how injured huke was looked like he was just enjoying playing up front)

okay we should have scored atleast 6 there were 4 great first half chance and on another day they would all have gone in but a win is a win and we have beaten a team we should be beating which we havent been doing.

i don't think we where walking it in to the goal there was much more creativity and more crosses into the box rather than playing it backwards.
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I was more worried about the attendance to be honest. I just get the feeling that our attendances are in terminal decline. Even when we were playing awesome last season we weren't really pulling in more fans and it doesn't seem to just be us. K*ttering's are dropping way off with all their problems and even Northampton are only managing 4,000 home fans. It was a bit depressing to see so much empty space tonight.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

Sara Pascoe wrote:I was more worried about the attendance to be honest. I just get the feeling that our attendances are in terminal decline. Even when we were playing awesome last season we weren't really pulling in more fans and it doesn't seem to just be us. K*ttering's are dropping way off with all their problems and even Northampton are only managing 4,000 home fans. It was a bit depressing to see so much empty space tonight.
It's Histon on a Tuesday night. It won't get any worse than that.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

coolcuts wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:I was more worried about the attendance to be honest. I just get the feeling that our attendances are in terminal decline. Even when we were playing awesome last season we weren't really pulling in more fans and it doesn't seem to just be us. K*ttering's are dropping way off with all their problems and even Northampton are only managing 4,000 home fans. It was a bit depressing to see so much empty space tonight.
<br style="text-shadow: none; "><br style="text-shadow: none; ">It's Histon on a Tuesday night. It won't get any worse than that.
Forest Green on a Tuesday night in March?
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Totally disagree with the first poster, it was a good effort from the team. Full of endeavour and plenty of forward movement which created a lot of chances (especially compared to the Newport game). Ok, so we couldn't score half the chances we made but at least we're making them again, which is a vast improvement. Histon look like abandoned their hoofball game (fair play to them), but look far too underpowered for this division now.
AFC R & D member number 34
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

Rushdenjim wrote:Still attempting to walk the ball into the net, strikers missing some clear cut chances and then needing a defender to get us off to a start. Joe Day's kicking is about as useful as stevie wonder at a spot the difference contest! All of this was against a Histon side which is the worst I have ever seen it, and that I a pretty differcult thing to achieve. Crawley will be a far harder game and you need to raise ours accordingly.

But we have gained 3 points, collected a clean sheet so I sleep happily tonight :)
And you've got the gall to start a thread about Northstanders always complaining :x

Buy a mirror.