For the first time in my life...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
CountHermanDeBanker

Re: For the first time in my life...

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
diamondgeezer1 wrote:Well we can look forward to the Wobblers getting stuffed in the next round!!!
Not really, they will more than likely get another good payday. The result is almost irrelevant.

I think they will be downhearted about the payday for the game today, only 22,000 there watching the Liverpool reserves v the Wobblers
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Sara Pascoe wrote:Btw Terry Angus, the Cobblers summariser can just f*** off. Ejaculated when they scored. Sorry for swearyness, this is annoying me. This is as bad as K*ttering equalising at Elland Road that time.
You mean he admitted it, on air? As in, "OMG I just cum in my pants, din' I?" when the Cobblers scored? Is there any polite way of responding to that sort of admission, other than by passing the Kleenex box across the commentary box?

Or were you perhaps using the word in its Victorian context, as used frequently by Arthur Conan Doyle... as in "Holmes!" Moriarty ejaculated... no, probably not. You really mean he exseminated, don't you?

Yeuch.... :shock:
AFCR&D Member Number 38 - Proud member of a Community Football Club, currently in exile in West Wales!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

;)

To be fair it did sound like for most of the 130 minutes the commentary team were touching each other up underneath the desk, but considering it was a huge game for them I suppose I should let them off.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I was "supporting" Liverpool last night.. The way I see it, if it was us against Liverpool, would the Knobbler's fans want us to win?.... I think not... I'll do the same in their next game in the Carling Cup.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I was there, in the Cobblers end, and i advise you all to deal with it.

Seriously though, what an amazing result. Last Thursday i was in the Kop watching Liverpool beat Steau Bucharest 4-1, and yesterday i was willing Cobblers to score. Never have i wanted Liverpool to concede a goal ever until last night.

Football, eh.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

BartonRaz wrote:I was there, in the Cobblers end, and i advise you all to deal with it.
You bastard.

;)

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

BartonRaz wrote:I was there, in the Cobblers end, and i advise you all to deal with it.

Seriously though, what an amazing result. Last Thursday i was in the Kop watching Liverpool beat Steau Bucharest 4-1, and yesterday i was willing Cobblers to score . Never have i wanted Liverpool to concede a goal ever until last night.

Football, eh.
I'm glad I wasn't alone in that ;)
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Pfft I bet you two were gutted when Billy slotted underneath Harper.

I'll stop now. :lol:

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Didn't they do well against a prem side who although were playing very poorly are still a prem side and who were at home, a result like that should give all lower league clubs some joy and hope that one day we could all have a fantastic result like that. Anyone who can't see what a great achievement Northampton winning at Anfield was last night really is churlish to say the least, Liverpool a club who have in the past won the F.A cup 7 times, the League cup 7 times, the European/Champions league 5 times, the EUFA cup 3 times, the UEFA super cup 3 times beaten by a lower league outfit who couldn't even field their first choice team because of injuries. Well done Northampton Town and here’s to us getting the chance to achieve such a giant killing ourselves sometime in the near future.
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

coltrane wrote:Didn't they do well against a prem side who although were playing very poorly are still a prem side and who were at home, a result like that should give all lower league clubs some joy and hope that one day we could all have a fantastic result like that. Anyone who can't see what a great achievement Northampton winning at Anfield was last night really is churlish to say the least, Liverpool a club who have in the past won the F.A cup 7 times, the League cup 7 times, the European/Champions league 5 times, the EUFA cup 3 times, the UEFA super cup 3 times beaten by a lower league outfit who couldn't even field their first choice team because of injuries. Well done Northampton Town and here’s to us getting the chance to achieve such a giant killing ourselves sometime in the near future.

Thats all Liverpool are About Fact
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.