Rushden vs Crawley Match Thread

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond Warrior

Re: Rushden vs Crawley Match Thread

Post by Diamond Warrior »

BBC_Northampton_JW wrote:You can also hear commentary online from BBC Northampton:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 539353.stm

Thanks.

I remember we used to always moan when commentators didn't say our players names right.. How bad is it when 'our own' pronounce them wrong.. It's 'OSANO', not 'ASANA'!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

This ref really seems to have it in for us today but it doesn't sound like we can use him as an excuse, sounds like another one of our hopeless performances.

And Sara Pascoe, I see you like arcade fire :)
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I can't even be bothered to get annoyed by Crawley's time wasting, for all the possession we've had we've done f*** all with it. Depressing result this and right now it looks like mid-table obscurity for the season. 1126 the attendance.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

1703 last year against the same opposition but that was a Friday night so its difficult to compare.

4 things probably affected the gate today, probably in this order too:

1. Our indifferent performances of late
2. The current economy and people being careful with their cash
3. Its Sunday, for many people a family day
4. The stupid pricing policy, as I've said before, I know of 4 people that would have been there today but weren't, soley due to that.

Still, onwards and upwards, I'll be at Eastbourne to see us put this behind us and triumph 0-2 :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Think we were a little unlucky not come away with a point, but we never really looked like scoring. Tim Sills did ok on his debut, but needs more games to settle in. Howe caused a few problems in the second, with both full backs trying to support. Think its time to change on of the central midfielders, possibly Power, no drive or real support for the attack and neither him or Porter can shoot from the edge of the box.
RiK2006

Post by RiK2006 »

We never looked like scoring today against a strong Crawley team who didn't really play that well. It's pretty obvious that Power, Miller and Johnson just aren't ready yet, whether that's through their ability or lack of games at this level, i'm not sure.

I think we need to play Osano on the right again, we create nothing going down the wings so him coming forward would help.

Too light weight in midfield, i'd re-sign Mcnamara or someone along those lines and add some steel in the middle. Wrong formation today, Howe not in the game yet still gave 100%. Should have been 4-4-2 with Sills and Howe uptop for me! 3 decent strikers not looking like scoring despite the effort, wrong formation.

Richard Brodie. I hate him.

Crawley team full of sell outs, decent team, could go up.

Dirty, diving whinging sell-outs.
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

My own bug bear was that we had 5 or 6 brilliant crosses yet not once did we get our head on the ball, they cleared way too easily.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

We were beaten by a better team today, i will be surprised if Crawley do not win the league, i was not really expecting a win. We just need to beat the likes of Bath City and Barrow if we are to stand any chance in reaching the play-offs. It seems that there is a lack of creativity in the team, nobody ever supplies a killer pass or good final ball.

Richard Brodie - Genuine hate for that guy. :evil:
Steve

Post by Steve »

I thought Crawley looked firstly like they know exactly what they are doing, and secondly like they may well win the league. Solid but not spectacular. VERY effective though. And if it doesn't work for them, they have Tubbs and Brodie up front who will always score.

I'm not too disappointed with the result or the performance, a loss to Crawley at home isn't the end of the world but as the above post says we need to start getting results against the other teams

I would love for Crawley not to go up though, because in Evans, Raynor, and Brodie, they have 3 of the most hateable people in the WORLD and I would love to see them fail.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

I just think we lacked a plan B today. We tried 4-3-3 which is fair enough as we need to attack when we're at home but I feel we were being exploited over and over again in our lightweight midfield but JE didn't change it. I'm not slating JE because he knows what he's doing, but I think sometimes we do need to change to 4-4-2 when 4-3-3 clearly isnt working like today.