Can the club afford 'cheap games'?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Can the club afford 'cheap games'?

Post by Pigman »

CountHermanDeBanker wrote:Pigman, over to you sir. What's your view on all this :?: ;) :lol:
My view?

£14 = a price I'd be prepared to pay to STAND and watch a BSP match at NP.

£17 to STAND = far too much !!

£14 with an additional £15 membership fee to join something that should be optional = the wrong thing to do at this level of football !!

I'll be paying £13 tomorrow night - thats about right for this level of football, I was prepared to pay £14 this season willingly, alas the club chose to add strings, I still await a reply to my emails and the opportunity to see the wording of this so called directive - until I do, I won't go !! Simples !!

You did ask ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I will add this, I hope the club consider dropping the prices for FA Trophy and FA Cup games, if they don't I fear some seriously lowwwwwww crowds for the Qualifying Round, and 1st Round if we're fortunate enough to proceed.

Remember, in past seasons its been obvious that not all season ticket holders bother to pay for these games, start knocking them off the gate and we're looking at some embarrassing attendance stats !!
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

PigmanRDFC wrote:
CountHermanDeBanker wrote:Pigman, over to you sir. What's your view on all this :?: ;) :lol:
My view?

£14 = a price I'd be prepared to pay to STAND and watch a BSP match at NP.

£17 to STAND = far too much !!

£14 with an additional £15 membership fee to join something that should be optional = the wrong thing to do at this level of football !!

I'll be paying £13 tomorrow night - thats about right for this level of football, I was prepared to pay £14 this season willingly, alas the club chose to add strings, I still await a reply to my emails and the opportunity to see the wording of this so called directive - until I do, I won't go !! Simples !!

You did ask ;)
I could not agree more, hence my cheeky prompt!

I still await a response from Trading Standards and the OFT on this (bloody sure its at the back of a very long pile of paper!)
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

So am I, from both of the same organisations..........the BSP can't be arsed to respond either !! Waste of space springs to mind !!

I've kind of given up now and as I said before, I think the challenge the club now faces is attracting new supporters to come along and sample football at Nene Park when the cheapest ticket on offer for an adult is £17 (if you're a new fan you won't be a Trust member remember). Losing existing supporters of 16 years standing (4 fans that I know of, its patently obvious there are more !!) and unable/unlikely to attract new ones due to the stupid pricing...................you do the maths !! :?

Its not that I can't afford it, and I've proven down the years that I'm well prepared to dig deep into my pocket to support the club, but this was an increase too far, for me it was a silly choice to make. Sadly I'm a principled bugger (blame my dad !!) and won't go back on my decision.

I will keep pushing the OFT and Trading Standards for an answer, but I'm not gunna hold my breath !!

As to the club doing cheap games, well I guess Season Ticket holders would be well pissed off, as would people who shelled out £15 in Trust membership to gain the £4 discount, thats the position the club has backed itself into !!
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

PigmanRDFC wrote:As to the club doing cheap games, well I guess Season Ticket holders would be well pissed off, as would people who shelled out £15 in Trust membership to gain the £4 discount, thats the position the club has backed itself into !!
Yep, sadly ill thought out and ill implemented decisions unfortunately and ones I cannot see in any persuasion how they have been beneficial to the club.

As for the OFT and TS responding, I would definitely not be holding your breath! :roll:
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
supersub

Post by supersub »

Well this season ticket holders not gonna be pissed off for one reason and one reason only, I,m glad to have a team like Diamonds to support considering a few years ago when things with the Trust went a bit tits up we thought we might not have one! I can see your point, but hey hoy, move on lads. Enjoy Eastbourne Pigman.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I will add this, I hope the club consider dropping the prices for FA Trophy and FA Cup games

The Club does not have total control over these prices, the Clubs involved in the tie have to agree a price between them as its a shared gate.

Also would not surprise me that the F.A have some petty rules on minimum price and offers any club can offer.

The Football League and Premiership receive far more sponsorship money than what we get in the Non Leagues so these teams can keep gate prices at decent level, we cannot just drop prices without the team budget getting lower than it is.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

I can only talk from experience, having had a season ticket for 10 years. I am ashamed to say I have only been to one home game this season, the reason for that is simple, i cant and will not pay £17 to watch non-league football.