FA Cup Draw..?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: FA Cup Draw..?

Post by StaceyH »

CountHermanDeBanker wrote:.... amazing the lack of determination to look for information that some people have. Frustrates me no end the "you do it for me" approach that has crept into modern day thinking.

Sorry for mini rant but its my current bug bear. :evil:
No need to apologise, I know exactly how you feel. It seems to me that the youth of todayvrhink they've a god-given right to have everything/ handed to them on a plate. I see a real lack of common sense and determination in our youngsters and it worries me. I dread to think how they would have coped in the days before computers when we had to write with pens and get information from books......
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Interesting to see that S&L Corby were in the hat for the third round draw, even if they do have a second round replay. That must be like us getting to the 4th round or something? I know that Hythe Town are of that equivalent level, too.

Some other teams i've never personally heard of which are one step away from facing the likes of us;

Lincoln Moorlands Railway
Norton & Stockton Ancients
Ashington
Whitehawk
Sholing
Alton Town
Hamble ASSC
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Diamondsforever wrote:
CountHermanDeBanker wrote:.... amazing the lack of determination to look for information that some people have. Frustrates me no end the "you do it for me" approach that has crept into modern day thinking.

Sorry for mini rant but its my current bug bear. :evil:
No need to apologise, I know exactly how you feel. It seems to me that the youth of todayvrhink they've a god-given right to have everything/ handed to them on a plate. I see a real lack of common sense and determination in our youngsters and it worries me. I dread to think how they would have coped in the days before computers when we had to write with pens and get information from books......
It's very easy to blame youngsters, but I've seen a lot of people in their 30s, 40s and 50s acting exactly as you describe. It's a problem with society in general.

Unless of course per your definition of youngsters you meant people under the age of 60. ;)
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

BartonRaz wrote:Interesting to see that S&L Corby were in the hat for the third round draw, even if they do have a second round replay. That must be like us getting to the 4th round or something? I know that Hythe Town are of that equivalent level, too.

Some other teams i've never personally heard of which are one step away from facing the likes of us;

Ashington
Whitehawk
Sholing
Alton Town
Hamble ASSC
S&L have got a reply tonight away at Mickleover Sports who are a couple of steps higher than them in the pyramid. If they can win that game then they will play Newcastle Town in the 3rd Qualifying round. They have won 3 matches already so it is the equalivent of us reaching the 3rd round proper.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

BartonRaz wrote:Interesting to see that S&L Corby were in the hat for the third round draw, even if they do have a second round replay. That must be like us getting to the 4th round or something? I know that Hythe Town are of that equivalent level, too.

Ashington
Whitehawk
Sholing
Alton Town
Hamble ASSC
Ashington, County Durham is famous as the birthplace of the Charlton brothers, Bobby and Jack.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:

Ashington
Whitehawk
Sholing
Alton Town
Hamble ASSC
S&L have got a reply tonight away at Mickleover Sports who are a couple of steps higher than them in the pyramid. If they can win that game then they will play Newcastle Town in the 3rd Qualifying round. They have won 3 matches already so it is the equalivent of us reaching the 3rd round proper.
They played at home and by FA rules must charge an admission charge, but I don't understand how that's even possible there? They have a stand which is very dated and almost useless, no turnstiles and play almost on an open playing field. I went to watch Corby Town awa against Bedworth on Saturday and they could only just comply.

Gotta love the FA Cup though! :D
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

CountHermanDeBanker wrote:
4th qualifying round dates as per DF above post. Actual draw date is still TBC - only the later rounds (ie 3rd round onwards get confirmed dates but even these not set yet.

As a rule of thumb (according to FA.com if you read through some of the articles and rules) the draw for the next round is not made until the final initial fixture of the previous round has been made. (that way the draws still happen even if replays to be played)
So, in the end it wasn't as such a 'WWW.GOOGLE.CO.UK' answer, as in fact you have just answered that the draw dates have not been confirmed..? Which is what I was originally asking if anyone knew a confirmed date for them.. :)
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Diamond Warrior wrote:
CountHermanDeBanker wrote:
4th qualifying round dates as per DF above post. Actual draw date is still TBC - only the later rounds (ie 3rd round onwards get confirmed dates but even these not set yet.

As a rule of thumb (according to FA.com if you read through some of the articles and rules) the draw for the next round is not made until the final initial fixture of the previous round has been made. (that way the draws still happen even if replays to be played)
So, in the end it wasn't as such a 'WWW.GOOGLE.CO.UK' answer, as in fact you have just answered that the draw dates have not been confirmed..? Which is what I was originally asking if anyone knew a confirmed date for them.. :)
Don't worry about it mate, they have to find something totally unnecessary to complain about, be it spelling, grammar, ticket prices, etc.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Stewarts & Lloyds Corby went out to an extra time winner to 10-man Mickleover Sports. Unlucky, but well played for getting that far anyway!