Justin to Lincoln??

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Justin to Lincoln??

Post by StaceyH »

Today's Non-League Paper has a front page article linking Justin to the vacant manager's job at Lincoln. Your thoughts?
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Basil

Re: Justin to Lincoln??

Post by Basil »

I got the NLP today and I can't see anything linking JE to Lincoln :shock:

It says inside the paper that Steve Evans is in the frame for the Lincoln job :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

They said they wanted a non-league manager, logic suggests Justin would be in their thoughts, but he'd be slightly hypocritical if he joined Lincoln after what he said about Stone joining Barnet.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Basil wrote:I got the NLP today and I can't see anything linking JE to Lincoln :shock:

It says inside the paper that Steve Evans is in the frame for the Lincoln job :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, today's League Paper - can't get the staff these days, tut!

I've been hearing rumours linking JE to the job for a while now, if it's offered and the terms were right I wouldn't blame him for thinking seriously about it.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

I would say the same as the Barnet job, I would not see it as much of a step up. I hope he does not go, but we will see!
DiamondsR4ever

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

I Agree i dont think it is the right move for him now we are aiming for the play offs again they are relagation candidates in the league above so i would hope he satyed

however i don't think it will be too long before he moves to a higher level club another good season with us may attract a league chairman with ambition
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I'm not sure what point people are trying to make here. Lincoln City is a much, much bigger club than either the Diamonds or Barnet, and their potential would exceed many clubs in League 1, let alone League 2. Are you implying Dagenham & Redbridge or Exeter would be a bigger step up than Lincoln, just because they are currently in League One ? What would you say if JE was linked with Bradford ?
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Formic wrote:I'm not sure what point people are trying to make here. Lincoln City is a much, much bigger club than either the Diamonds or Barnet, and their potential would exceed many clubs in League 1, let alone League 2. Are you implying Dagenham & Redbridge or Exeter would be a bigger step up than Lincoln, just because they are currently in League One ? What would you say if JE was linked with Bradford ?
I disagree, I don;t think Lincoln is that big! I would put them on a level of Darlo and Grimsby, as I don't think they are massively stable financially. I agree with what you are saying about Bradford being bigger than the daggers etc, but personally I see Lincoln as only just being bigger than Barnet.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Formic wrote:I'm not sure what point people are trying to make here. Lincoln City is a much, much bigger club than either the Diamonds or Barnet, and their potential would exceed many clubs in League 1, let alone League 2. Are you implying Dagenham & Redbridge or Exeter would be a bigger step up than Lincoln, just because they are currently in League One ? What would you say if JE was linked with Bradford ?
I'd say Exeter have more potential than Lincoln, bigger city and all that, actually turns out Dagenham has a higher population than Lincoln as well. So I'd see both of them as bigger steps than Lincoln, especially given their exalted positions.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:
I'd say Exeter have more potential than Lincoln, bigger city and all that, actually turns out Dagenham has a higher population than Lincoln as well. So I'd see both of them as bigger steps than Lincoln, especially given their exalted positions.
Possibly - although as the County Town Lincoln has quite a catchment area. However, the main point was that it is a lot bigger club than Diamonds or Barnet - and a record league attendance of 23,000 suggests they probably are.
Last edited by Formic on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.