Stewards today...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Stewards today...

Post by StaceyH »

Was there really any need for all those stewards at the Mansfield end this afternoon? It looked like there were more in the ground today than we had for the Luton game last season or was it just a show for the millions watching on TV?
Good job the PDB didn't invade the pitch, I'm not sure the geriatric stewards there would have coped (they were even older than me and that's going some!)
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
DiamondsR4ever

Re: Stewards today...

Post by DiamondsR4ever »

Maybe it was a precaution after the Luton match and the club have stepped up stewarding for all 'larger attendences' matches.

When we won promotion on the last game against hartlepool i remeber loads of police and police horses covering the away support end..
R.I.P Dale Roberts, Never Forgotten.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

You can't really compare the 1500 at NP yesterday to the near sell-out that was the Hartlepool game though! In fact, I'd struggle to compare it to the Luton game too given that Mansfield and Luton don't exactly share the same reputation.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

Yeah i thought that was really weird there was about 10 stewards there and the mansifeld fans didn't really look like they were going to do anything...
FuriousHoon / Ollie
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Well I saw 10 or so people wearing orange crowd control jackets (never seen them before at NP) heading to the Mansfield buses after the game so maybe they brought stewards with them? Bit stupid considering they only brought about 400, but if they were ours surely they'd be wearing our own steward jackets?
dracos3

Post by dracos3 »

Last season one of the stewards got beaten up by Mansfield fans hence the increase in numbers at the airwair end
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

dracos3 wrote:Last season one of the stewards got beaten up by Mansfield fans hence the increase in numbers at the airwair end
Last seaon's game coincided with the anniversary for an event with one of they 'hard-core firm' supporters, death or inprisonment, I cant really remember but every game that takes place nearest to that date, Mansfield decide to cause a bit of trouble!