K*ttering Away - FA Cup

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: K*ttering Away - FA Cup

Post by Bob's Bitch »

TBH after last time I think everyone must be in agreement that they're due at least a result.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

I think we'll lose. The FA Cup dream will be over.

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:****ing hell, I wasn't expecting that! Well that'll be...fun I suppose. Not that I really want to face them while they're still in 'new manager honeymoon' mode. Justin play 4-4-2 at the Rockinghorse FFS, don't piss about!
I have full confidence in JE that we will win, and our record against them will be P-15 W9 D-5 L-1 in all competions! :)
Although im not lacking confindence going into this game. We shouldnt underestimate the scum because of that fantatsic record. Remember they have picked up 13 out of the last 15 points available too them!
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

TBH I really won't mind if we do lose, it's better to lose a local derby in the cup and now that we've got some form going in the league I'd rather we don't have any distractions going into December, which is a very big month for us.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Sara Pascoe wrote:TBH I really won't mind if we do lose, it's better to lose a local derby in the cup and now that we've got some form going in the league I'd rather we don't have any distractions going into December, which is a very big month for us.
Yes you would ;)
Bob's Bitch

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Rushdenjim wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:TBH I really won't mind if we do lose, it's better to lose a local derby in the cup and now that we've got some form going in the league I'd rather we don't have any distractions going into December, which is a very big month for us.
Yes you would ;)
No I really wouldn't. ;) A K*ttering win is overdue, better for it to happen in the cup so that we can spank them at NP in January and pick up 3 valuable points after a very tough Christmas period.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
SCARECROW

Post by SCARECROW »

I agree this is not the best time to be playing them, but look on the bright side we get half the gate money and they pick up the policing costs, unless i am mistaken.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

SCARECROW wrote:I agree this is not the best time to be playing them, but look on the bright side we get half the gate money and they pick up the policing costs, unless i am mistaken.
The policing costs are taken from the gate money which is then spilt between the two teams apparently.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

StuartRDFC wrote:I think we'll lose. The FA Cup dream will be over.

Stuart
Explain this then:
StuartRDFC wrote::D :D :D

Stuart
I like the FA Cup and I wanted somebody we wouldn't normally play. Anyone who is happy to lose an FA Cup tie needs shooting tbh. How would you react the winner got a fixture against Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton or Charlton away and was on TV?
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:You can look at this draw a couple of ways- We are long overdue a cup run but at the same time Ketrin are long overdue a win against us. I would take a replay.
This is what I was thinking, I don't like being pessimistic but I'm not confident, why oh why could we have not drawn Radcliffe Olympic or Tipton Town?! Still, can't believe we've drawn them!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308