K*ttering Away - FA Cup

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: K*ttering Away - FA Cup

Post by therushden »

bugger. i'll go but i'm not expecting much. 0-0. of all the ties we could have got.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:
SCARECROW wrote:I agree this is not the best time to be playing them, but look on the bright side we get half the gate money and they pick up the policing costs, unless i am mistaken.
The policing costs are taken from the gate money which is then spilt between the two teams apparently.
That's true - but there are also other costs that are deducted too.

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/776FDC2C66 ... _blue_.pdf

22. PROCEEDS OF MATCHES PRIOR TO THE SEMI-FINALS
(a) The net gate receipts due from a match (except replayed matches in consequence of a
breach of the Rules) shall be the total ticket sales for the match less VAT, the travelling
(and possibly accommodation) expenses of the Visiting Club, the fees and expenses of the
Match Officials, and other match expenses allowed under the Competition Rules (which
include costs relating to gate attendants, turnstile operators, stewards, weather reports,
police charges, floodlighting in accordance with the Competition Rules, contributions to the
costs of First Aid Helpers and any costs relating to clearing the ground of snow and water
provided the Visiting Club is consulted beforehand on the approximate costs). Any
shortfalls in receipts are the responsibility of the home club and are not to be shared. The
Professional Game Board shall have the power from time to time to issue instructions as to
what shall and shall not be allowed as a match expense.
(b) Net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
(i) In matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper (other than replayed
matches in the Competition Proper), the net gate receipts of each match shall be
divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(ii) In replayed matches in the Competition Proper prior to the Third Round, 5% of the net
gate receipts shall be remitted to The Association and the balance shall be divided
equally between the competing Clubs
Rdfc91

Post by Rdfc91 »

Sara Pascoe wrote:TBH I really won't mind if we do lose, it's better to lose a local derby in the cup and now that we've got some form going in the league I'd rather we don't have any distractions going into December, which is a very big month for us.

You moron i'd hate to lose to K*ttering regardless of what kind of game it is.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Rdfc91 wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:TBH I really won't mind if we do lose, it's better to lose a local derby in the cup and now that we've got some form going in the league I'd rather we don't have any distractions going into December, which is a very big month for us.

+1

Just earnt the nickname of Rob the Knob.

Family booked a trip up north that weekend with me forgetting about the FA Cup. They'll have to enjoy making the journey without me!
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

DiamondsFan wrote:
Rdfc91 wrote:

+1

Just earnt the nickname of Rob the Knob.
+2

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

+3

I wouldnt want to lose an FA cup tie to anyone especially them. The FA cup is a great competition and we should want to be involved for as long as possible.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

I would mind less if we lost in the cup than the league I'll be honest, I wouldn't like it but as long as we beat them in the league I'm happy enough.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Full fixture listing on BBC now: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 079168.stm

Big-spending Blue Square Bet Premier leaders Crawley Town will travel to third-placed Newport County in the FA Cup fourth qualifying round.

Among the other five all-Premier ties is a local derby between K*ttering Town and Rushden and Diamonds.

The 24 teams from non-League's top flight enter at this stage - which is the final round before Football League teams join in the first round proper.

Fourth qualifying round ties will be played on Saturday 23 October.

The lowest-ranked club left in the competition, Radcliffe Olympic from the East Midlands Counties League, face a third qualifying round replay against Tipton Town, with the winners facing Sheffield or Frickley Athletic.

In the other ties between top-flight sides, Altrincham face Gateshead, Tamworth play host to Grimsby, Kidderminster entertain York and Southport visit Wrexham.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

It really doesn't matter who we play, losing is NOT an option IMO. The FA Cup is a valuable source of income and we need to get as far as we can in the competition. The fact that the game is a local derby might ensure a healthy crowd particularly as both teams are in good form right now and that means much needed revenue for both clubs. We don't have a home game between now and the game so I hope that won't impact on our ticket sales (I'm assuming the game will be all-ticket).
I could live with a draw on the day so long it's followed by us winning the replay at NP but I'd feel like that no matter who we were playing!

We'll be there for sure.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

+4 for Rob the Knob.

Just wish I was clever enough to think of a derogatory knickname for wwodb aswel. :lol:
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.