K*ttering Away - FA Cup

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: K*ttering Away - FA Cup

Post by Pigman »

GET IN THERE !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

To say I'm a tad pleased is an understatement - just the tie I said on the previous thread I said I wanted - wished I'd put a tenner on it now :D

Seriously, we have nothing to fear from them. I'm not underestimating them, just looking at our strengths - we're on a 4 game unbeaten run, we've got an excellent record against them and we have nothing to fear.

I can't believe some of the comments on here - I'd rather go to the scum for a match that will be more exciting than our last visit there I'm sure, than a trip to somewhere like Newport or Crawley.

We should be looking for a run in the Cup this year and be getting excited about it rather than feeling all negative.

I'm delighted by this draw, being the Cup might add a bit of spice to the match and the atmosphere, rather than another damp squib that we had earlier in the season which was dire, both on and off the field. To lose against them would be dreadful, untinkable, but just think how good will winning feel????

Hopefully I'll be able to get a ticket, form an orderly queue................how many you reckon we'll take to this one???
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

godber wrote:Here fecking here,babe
BABE??? Me and you will be having words young man ;)

I'm with you Pigman, well said :D
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

I just hope they keep it as a 3pm kickoff, and the club doesn't pull the stunt they pulled all the other times we've played them and only make tickets available to fans a week before the game.

Tickets should be available to EVERYONE as soon as they're received. They won't be sold out so no need to inconvenience people.
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Brilliant draw - an away game that we can get to in 20 minutes and cheaper than Nene Park..!
A local derby against our biggest rivals (at this level) and both teams in form so should be an excellent atmosphere.
On balance I would have prefered the game at our place, home advantage and a decent seat but you can't have everything... ;)

Much better than some obscure team 200 miles away.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

DiamondsFan wrote:I just hope they keep it as a 3pm kickoff, and the club doesn't pull the stunt they pulled all the other times we've played them and only make tickets available to fans a week before the game.

Tickets should be available to EVERYONE as soon as they're received. They won't be sold out so no need to inconvenience people.
You do realise the game is only a dozen days away ? The date / time and prices have to be agreed, tickets printed and then delivered (via K*ttering and their printers).

Regarding previous games, I'm not sure what "stunt" you are referring to - as far as I'm aware the club has put the tickets on sale to season ticket holders as soon as they can get them in their possession from K*ttering, and have advised people of this availabilty. The can hardly start selling them when they don't have them, can they ?

Don't forget the police / safety committees also have a say on when the tickets can be sold, and what checks need to be made on non-Season Ticket holders / trust members.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Well, I'm pleased.

TBH I think in terms of difficulty it's gonna be a tough game but that will surely make it sweeter.

After the 'Worst derby ever' in August, this may well be the fixture to revitalise the hatred. :twisted:
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Steve wrote:Well, I'm pleased.

TBH I think in terms of difficulty it's gonna be a tough game but that will surely make it sweeter.

After the 'Worst derby ever' in August, this may well be the fixture to revitalise the hatred. :twisted:
The worst derby ever was clearly the 2-1 defeat at Nene Park at the end of the 98/99 season. We won back in August so that immediately makes it better than the six games we failed to win, at least.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

davealbon wrote:

The worst derby ever was clearly the 2-1 defeat at Nene Park at the end of the 98/99 season. We won back in August so that immediately makes it better than the six games we failed to win, at least.
Agreed - the atmosphere at that game in 1999 was dreadful from a Diamonds point of view, as the season was over and we'd failed to gain promotion - too many players were thinking of the beach.
Steve

Post by Steve »

davealbon wrote:

Before my time unfortunately, I've only been around for the ones since K*ttering got back up. It was certainly the worst of all I've seen

I think it's fair to say that the atmosphere, interest and hatred involved was less than in previous encouters in August though
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Do the two pre season games we played against them count? Cause the flares were the brightest thing on the pitch during that terrible game.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter