Tamworth 1 (Perry 11) RDFC 2 (Howe 10, Power 92)

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Tamworth 1 (Perry 11) RDFC 2 (Howe 10, Power 92)

Post by STAGMAN »

Lewis Sspence played very well on tuesday eve with a very good hat trick , i hope he can bring that sort of form to the Blue Square
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I thought yesterday was average at best to be honest, spells of good play sure, but we let a very ordinary Tamworth side drag us down to their level far too easily. I was disappointed that JE didn't make changes earlier to really push on and beat a side that we should have been beating easily. Tamworth worked hard and hussled us off the ball in the midfield far too easily and at times we played far too narrowly !!! Sure we won, but as we walked out and saw the Police car I thought someone had reported it as a mugging ;) :lol:

We'll really have to raise our game against the scum next week, they'll be well up for it this time. They still haven't lost under their new manager and I would love us to burst their bubble on the first step of a Cup run. Play like that, they'll beat us !!

Enjoyed my day out though, great little working men's club, definately chalk that one up for future visits - may need to go on the coach though ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I usually agree with you Pigman, but not in this case.

The only thing i agree with is that JE should have made subs earlier.

As for a mugging, i can only remember them having one serious shot in the second half.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
supersub

Post by supersub »

Sorry the coach doesn't pick up from Bedford :) Appreciated our chat, glad I'm not alone in my thoughts :?
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

I thought yesterday's performance wasn't neccessarily the best, but we should have won by more than we did (if that makes sense).

Thought Porter and Huke played well yesterday. I agree Osano was brilliant going forward, but I still feel he needs to sort himself out defensively. Their goal came down that wing.

I feel Rene Howe is really coming along well. On another day he would have had a hattrick (maybe he's saving it for next week? ;) ) and I feel it is vital we keep him beyond January.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

BartonRaz wrote:I usually agree with you Pigman, but not in this case.

The only thing i agree with is that JE should have made subs earlier.

As for a mugging, i can only remember them having one serious shot in the second half.
Perhaps its cos I'm sober ;)

I think a draw would have been a fair result to be honest, I'm delighted we won of course and we've been mugged in the last minute on many occasion, so I'm spilling no tears for them, but in all honesty we didn't impose ourselves on what was a poor team and our defending for their goal was laughable.

Onwards though, we will have to be at our best next week to despatch the scum, I fully expect us to do so !!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I thought that we looked a decent outfit in the first half, if a little lacking in composure in front of goal. Second half I found disappointing, we seemed to match them, no more, no less. In fact when Howe went off I thought we'd settled for a point. We did create some good chances though, and their keeper pulled off one great save (from O'Connor I think?), but we didn't dominate them in a way that looked dangerous.
It was "OK".
Personally I think we can go to Kettscum without Sills and still get a result. Let's hope it's a win cos I don't fancy the £17 for a replay :shock: Has the club announced if the Trust discount will still be in place if it goes to a replay, cos obviously the season ticket holders will have to pay as well?
AFC R & D member number 34
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Alot of credit has to go to Charles for his run for the goal, cutting back inside the defender and squaring it for Power, who took his goal superbly. We did deserve the win in the end, in which wasa very enjoyable match to watch on what looked like a difficult pitch
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Two of Diamonds wrote:I thought that we looked a decent outfit in the first half, if a little lacking in composure in front of goal. Second half I found disappointing, we seemed to match them, no more, no less. In fact when Howe went off I thought we'd settled for a point. We did create some good chances though, and their keeper pulled off one great save (from O'Connor I think?), but we didn't dominate them in a way that looked dangerous.
It was "OK".
Personally I think we can go to Kettscum without Sills and still get a result. Let's hope it's a win cos I don't fancy the £17 for a replay :shock: Has the club announced if the Trust discount will still be in place if it goes to a replay, cos obviously the season ticket holders will have to pay as well?
Reading the article which was put out at the time, it says in the Blue Square Premier:

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 74,00.html

I may be reading into the article a bit too much but since the FA Cup doesn't come under the Conference board's jurisdiction, would the directive have remain in place?

We'll find out if/when we get a home tie in the FA Cup.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

This says £17 for the replay (if there is one): http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 03,00.html

£17 for an FA Cup tie against BSP opposition? Total lunacy IMO, especially given the apathy shown at the earlier derby game by both sets of fans !!

If the Trust discount does apply I wonder how many season ticket holders will be pissed off (if they're not Trust members of course) when asked to pay full price? If they apply a discount to season ticket holders, will they be in breach of rules - surely the scum will be asking questions on behalf of their fans??

They should have discussed this with the scum Board and agreed a price of £12 across the board, that way they may have a crowd turn up and wouldn't look like money grabbers. If there is a replay I wonder how many people will bother to turn up, both scum and Diamonds fans will probably stay away in large numbers - lets hope it doesn't come to that eh??

The scum may have insisted on this price of course, which is just as stupid IMO because they get a share of the gate !!