Question on Rene Howe

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ali C

Question on Rene Howe

Post by Ali C »

Morning Everyone,

K*ttering fan in peace here (although that is probably a fuse to start the flaming!)

Unlike a lot of KTFC fans I only tend to concentrate on our own results/league position etc and thus don't know much with regards to the Diamonds and really have no need to seeing as it isn't my own club. However I am interested in your opinions/feedback on Rene Howe and how (no pun intended) he is getting on at the club? The reason being he is a player who I always thought had the potential to do well in non-league/lower league and wished we could have re-signed him when available.

Is he scoring many this season? Has his fitness improved? And is he contributing more in other areas of the pitch rather than just in the oppositions box?

I believe he is a player who you get the most out of when managed well and think Justin Edinburgh is the kind of manager who can do that, because he can see things at the player level as well as the tactical.

My apologies if I am way off the mark here and Rene hasn't even been picked - but again I don't waste my time peering over the fence at Rushden and Diamonds, just like I don't with every other club in the Blue Square Premier!

Looking forward to the Cup game at the weekend.

Ali
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Question on Rene Howe

Post by STAGMAN »

Hello Ali nice to see a sensible Poppies fan on here. In my own opinion Rene has been getting fitter with every game and is still a very strong player and is now getting almost a goal a game for us over the last few weeks. He is best when he comes in from the left.
Ali C

Post by Ali C »

STAGMAN wrote:Hello Ali nice to see a sensible Poppies fan on here. In my own opinion Rene has been getting fitter with every game and is still a very strong player and is now getting almost a goal a game for us over the last few weeks. He is best when he comes in from the left.
Thanks for the feedback Stagman, I'm glad to see he is coming on leaps and bounds and that Diamonds have obviously got the right set up to encourage this. I suspected he would be improving on a weekly basis if he got played and it looks like he is.

Personally I think he could easily be in the top five scorers at this level if he is playing on a regular basis. Would have loved to see him back at KTFC for this reason alone - with Christie now out injured we looked very light up front on Saturday and it showed in the second half, having a winger up front just doesn't cut it I'm afraid. I understand Rene's choice though, I think the Diamonds have a much rosier future as a club currently than K*ttering do, having somewhere to play helps for a start!

Saturday could be a very interesting game, hoping for a full house. Regardless of opinion on our 'stadium' it is always nice to have an atmosphere wherever you are!
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Own up Ali, who do you really support? You're obviously not a K*ttering fan as I can't spot any spelling mistakes in your posts! ;)

I would say that Howe has probably been our player of the season so far. He has certainly helped cushion the blow of losing Lee Tomlin, and on top form I'm not sure there is another striker in this league I would want ahead of him. I really hope we can keep hold of him in January, even if it's just to extend his loan until the end of the season.

There still hasn't been any news of whether he is eligible to play on Saturday (or Tim Sills). :?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

JE said that Howe can play, and that he was brought off against Tamworth because he is on 4 bookings....
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Ali C

Post by Ali C »

davealbon wrote:Own up Ali, who do you really support? You're obviously not a K*ttering fan as I can't spot any spelling mistakes in your posts! ;)

I would say that Howe has probably been our player of the season so far. He has certainly helped cushion the blow of losing Lee Tomlin, and on top form I'm not sure there is another striker in this league I would want ahead of him. I really hope we can keep hold of him in January, even if it's just to extend his loan until the end of the season.

There still hasn't been any news of whether he is eligible to play on Saturday (or Tim Sills). :?
Hmm...I'm sure I read somewhere (maybe our forum) that Rene had been given the go ahead for Saturday? A bonus for K*ttering if he hasn't but I am pretty sure he will be on the pitch!

And I really am a K*ttering fan, it just so happens that I am of the minority in this day and age that believe spelling and grammar are important. Regardless of where you are writing!

Oh and a strange one for you guys, on Saturday all the Kidderminster fans were put into the stand rather than the away end at Rockingham Road? I'm sure this won't apply this weekend due to the sheer volume of away fans (I hope).
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Firstly, can I say how nice it is to have a K*ttering fan coming on here and being civil, didn't think there was any!!! :lol: :lol:

As for Rene, I've been impressed with him, and like Dave said he has helped cushion the blow with the Tomlin departure.

Hopefully he'll continue his scoring on Saturday! :)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

In my opinion, he's probably the only striker we've had in our time back in the Conference who could fulfil the role of a lone striker. He has pretty much every attribute - pace/strength/finishing/heading, and can do a number of jobs including being a target man and a pacey winger, but he needs to be more consistent and work harder in some matches!