Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: Former Players

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Formic wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:
Just seen that. That's hilarious considering his obvious dislike for K*ttering as a Diamonds and Luton player.
No loyalty in football anymore. That went out the window when sol Campbell left spurs for arsenal!
That's a bit unfair. We are talking about a player who needs to earn a living, and if K*ttering are the club prepared to pay him more than other clubs then he'd be a fool to turn them down because of some history from ages ago, relating to a club that went bust while he was playing for them.
Didn't say it was a right or wrong thing, merely stating a fact. Course, if a club comes along with a decent offer for yourself whether it be a rival of a former club or not, then your going to put that sort of thing aside and concentrate on your career. It's an excellent signing for the plots but they'll certainly need to gain promotion this season you would have thought.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:
We're no less ambitious than K*ttering are IMO, we're just building a solid foundation for the future and not throwing silly money at players.
Agreed. Didn't see the recent trading figures for the Ploppies but previous two years accounts showed a combined loss of £250,000. That's something we, as a fans owned club, wouldn't be able or willing to incur. RJ must have some very deep pockets and it's no wonder he's made it clear that he's desperate for promotion and this only means more pressure for Marcus Law.
paulg

Post by paulg »

Very much so, the scale of debt the owner of KTFC is prepared to put the club in is something we wouldn't ever want to consider. Can understand his desperate need to get back up the leagues ASAP to profit from larger crowds, but that income will always be offset by increased travel, wages and ground costs. Can't see how, financially, they'll ever get back on an even keel, but that's always the risk of going down the private businessman owner route. They were supposed to spend some serious money on the Burton Latimer pitch this summer but not sure if that materialised.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Gutting to see Az sign for the more ambitious side in East Northants.
Idiotic statement number 367 from you.

K*ttering can't possibly sustain their current outgoings without Jeune continuing to put money in hand over fist, with rumours that he is funding Bugbrooke to get their U21's playing there, taking over the lease of the Latimer Park and paying silly money on wages there is more money going out of there than a badly run government department.

I seem to remember another club relying on the generosity and interest of one man, how did that go?
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Gutting to see Az sign for the more ambitious side in East Northants.

K*ttering can't possibly sustain their current outgoings without Jeune continuing to put money in hand over fist, with rumours that he is funding Bugbrooke to get their U21's playing there, taking over the lease of the Latimer Park and paying silly money on wages there is more money going out of there than a badly run government department.

I seem to remember another club relying on the generosity and interest of one man, how did that go?
Wrong SRJ you must have miscounted it's way beyond that.
Not sure what ambitious is an anagram for but fortunately the vast majority of our Clubs supporters and all of those making decisions are not obsessed with instant success at any cost.
It's a little ironic the money K*ttering are shelling out and threatening to spend which I assume can only be coming out of someone's pocket or as a loan with you would presume personal guarantees. Only seems like 3 years ago they had access to no funds and were out with the begging bowl to all the good folk in football, haven't they done an amazing job of turning the Club around, perhaps theirs is a model for all to follow, and yet.
Roll on 3.00 and hopefully progression in the FA Cup and a little bit of cash to add to out sustainability fund, while our friends up the A6 rely on making the 5th Round to break even this season.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:

Idiotic and correct aren't two words I'd class as synonyms? Do you think we are more ambitious? There was no need for that reply which seemed to assume my statement was loaded as an attack on AFCRD - I'd just love to see us being ambitious too :)
Oundle Diamond #2

Back to Aaron O'Connor, I wonder if the K*ttering fans remember this (0.50) :biggrin: :biggrin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUvNa9-80WM
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Back to Aaron O'Connor, I wonder if the K*ttering fans remember this (0.50) :biggrin: :biggrin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUvNa9-80WM
Good find. Love the tomlin goal and celebration at the end! :joy:
Oundle Diamond #2

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Back to Aaron O'Connor, I wonder if the K*ttering fans remember this (0.50) :biggrin: :biggrin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUvNa9-80WM
Good find. Love the tomlin goal and celebration at the end! :joy:
What a night that was indeed :biggrin:
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
SouthRushdenJFC wrote:

Idiotic and correct aren't two words I'd class as synonyms? Do you think we are more ambitious? There was no need for that reply which seemed to assume my statement was loaded as an attack on AFCRD - I'd just love to see us being ambitious too :)
Depends on your definition of ambitious I suppose. Do you want five years of success followed by five years of stagnation and then five years of either slipping down the leagues as per Daventry Town or Rothwell Town? Or would you prefer fifteen years of growth year on year. Growth doesn't have to happen on the pitch every Saturday, it can be expanding the youth section, progressing players through the Academy, Scholars and U21's to the first team. It can be obtaining a facility that can be improved as and when needed and it's financially prudent to do so.