Nat and Lance both released

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: Nat and Lance both released

Post by Pigman »

Biggles wrote:Correct we are not a fully professional Football Team but that does not mean the players should not behave in a professional way and if told to do something by the managment they comply and not bitch, moan and sulk.

The Manager is in sole charge of team affairs and has the final say, you tow the line or depart its that easy.

So unless those moaning about our managers decision want to dipose our current chairman and then appoint their own manager who will play any player that moans on social media, well we would have a wonderful team of bitchers constantly changing week in week out.
+3

Good luck to both lads, players come and go, that will always be the case. Management have to make the decisions they think are in the best long term interests of the club/team. We move onwards !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

BartonRaz wrote:I don't honestly think Lance Allen should have started each week. He's not currently better than the 3 attacking options ahead of him IMO and I think even he'd acknowledge that.

However, I don't think i'm being totally unfair when I say that treatment of Lance has been strange, at least from the outside. Obviously we don't know the facts, we're not at training each week and we don't know the bloke, but here's the facts from a supporters point of view:

- His 'chances' this season have been limited to two tough county cup games, in which he's played alongside other players that hadn't been playing regular football.

- Each time he's been given a decent amount of playing time in other league and cup games (Cambridge, Harborough, Woodford) he's done extremely well and contributed greatly to the team.

- Three times this month alone he's been brought on after the 84th minute (84th, 89th and 90th). No time to make an impression.

I have to be honest I felt really sorry for him at Desborough, but the writing was on the wall Tuesday night when Morgan was brough on ahead of him. Nothing against Ben, he's a bit of a hero after last season, but people say he was given a chance after an excellent game for the U21's. Lance never had that opportunity.

Like I say, we don't know the full story, but that's how I and many others see it from the outside so fans frustrations can be understood IMO. OK he's not a Dunkley or Koriya, but he was good enough to play a more significant part.
I'm with you on this one BR, extremely disappointed at this news, 2 great players. Lance I feared it was coming, but I didn't see Nat leaving as well. I'm not going to take the side of either party without knowing the full story obviously, mouthing off on twitter and thinking you're bigger than the club isn't acceptable behaviour at all and I'm concerned at Nat potentially doing a Leon Knight and slagging off the club on twitter. But on the other hand, I'm sorry but I can't help but at least question why they felt the need to moan on twitter and why we've seen other very useful players like Wizz and Dent leave in recent weeks as well and losing that important squad depth that we will need for months like the one we've got coming up.

As said plenty of times before, other than maybe to waste a bit of time, I don't see what the point is in bringing a player on at 85 minutes, they're not going to have enough time to get into the game and they're not going to have enough time to make an impact. If I was a player I'd be quite frankly insulted at being brought on at that time 3 times in 1 month and even against Dover, he was brought on too late and the game was over. So while perhaps nothing justifies such behaviour, he has a right to be unhappy imo, a squad player or not, he deserved a far bigger role in the team than he was getting and has proved in the past he deserves it.

And as for Nat, I haven't been online much in the past few days, so could anyone give me an idea of what he was saying on twitter and why he was unhappy?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
supersub

Post by supersub »

Completely agree with Biggles comments. But hey I thought only women were allowed to be bitchy!!! How the worlds changing. SS
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

Biggles wrote:Correct we are not a fully professional Football Team but that does not mean the players should not behave in a professional way and if told to do something by the managment they comply and not bitch, moan and sulk.

The Manager is in sole charge of team affairs and has the final say, you tow the line or depart its that easy.

So unless those moaning about our managers decision want to dipose our current chairman and then appoint their own manager who will play any player that moans on social media, well we would have a wonderful team of bitchers constantly changing week in week out.
+4
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

I,m interested to see who they are replaced by
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Lets hope Lynval Da Costa turns out to be a worldie and we can all move on! ;)
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:Lets hope Lynval Da Costa turns out to be a worldie and we can all move on! ;)
I hope so too although judging by the number of clubs he has had I fear we may have another Peter on our hands. Hope I am proved wrong!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Gutted about everything that's happened today, and the past couple of weeks really. :(

Let's hope we can swiftly rebuild and laugh about all of this come May when we're at Wembley in the Vase final and celebrating promotion to Step 4. ;)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Let's get a bit of perspective here.

We are a UCL Premier club in step 5.

Our players train twice a week.

they all have day/night jobs.

We are now in our second year as a senior club.

We have built up a club from nothing but ashes, by blood sweat and tears (not the seventies group for all you teenagers out there)

We do not have superstars playing for the club (name them)

we are arguing about two players that could not a) fight for their place in the team, b) adhere to the club rules.

I'm sure many of you will remember the heady days of playing in Div 1.................well forget it, we aren't now, and players will come and go, some will be hard done by, some won't.

You can all argue until you are blue in the face, we have a football club to run on a mandate voted by the members, if you are not happy (and not everyone will be) then stand for election and work to get what you think the club should achieve.

Don't forget, we are all fans, the board, the management and the volunteers, and we all want the best for the club in the long run. Some choices are hard to make, but make them we much. I do not want to see a divided club arguing about the rights and wrongs about player selection. we have a manager to make those choices and I am sure that they are hard for him to make with the pressure of our support, but make them he must. He will not always get them right, but he will always try his best.

Rant over, see you all tomorrow at PNS and hopefully a win 8-)
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Any players who sign for us must understand what and who we are and what we're about. We lost our previous club and it shall not happen again. We shall look after our players to the best of our abilities but they must do the same in return. We are the club they represent they answer to us ultimately. Tough call for the management no doubt but they have my full support.
AFC R & D member number 34