Nat and Lance both released

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Chas

Re: Nat and Lance both released

Post by Chas »

Exactly Formic, it's disheartened me somewhat that even some of our own fans are quite happy to believe what they're being told by people with an axe to grind and are more interested in being liked by the FB UCL trolls than checking their facts.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Regarding the previous two posts, Nat has said himself that he's been released because of what he's said on Twitter.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I only got home late last night and was shocked to read all the comments on this thread.
Not the sacking of two players but the ridiculous comments about the management.

Get real...would you seriously put Allen higher in the pecking order than Dunks, Alfie or Faz. He has scored one goal this season, (I think) a "walk in" after the Harboro keeper had miskicked in the last minute of a game already won. Yes he had one moment of magic v Cambridge.

As for Liburd, one goal and that against Woodford!! he is overwieght or unfit or lazy!! and to cap it all a whinger.And would you put him ahead or Gearing, Faz or Wiz.?

My only thought on the management side is that i thought the purpose of the under 21's was to A) help young players transition from under 18's B) Assist players recovering from injury C) give match time to fringe players. it is the last point that does not seem to happen very much.

We still have a very strong squad and probably one or two additions to come in the next few weeks.

Wiz must be kicking himself for jumping ship to soon.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Chas wrote:Exactly Formic, it's disheartened me somewhat that even some of our own fans are quite happy to believe what they're being told by people with an axe to grind and are more interested in being liked by the FB UCL trolls than checking their facts.
I agree mate - some people believe what they want to believe.

Players who run off and use social media need to think on a little, you could say it is them that are (I quote) #dumbasses and maybe they should focus on getting fit and showing they are worth a place rather than (I quote again) #itweetwhatiwant

There is more to this than meets the eye and whether or not as fans we'll evekr know what truly happened is doubtful.

I'm disappointed with the kneejerk reaction against the management - god help them when we need to pull together in a real crisis eh? There are some people you would want in the trenches with you, others you know would shoot you in the back!! The penalty of being a football manager I suppose?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

At least this has all added a bit of extra spice to today's match. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

sussexdiamond wrote:I only got home late last night and was shocked to read all the comments on this thread.
Not the sacking of two players but the ridiculous comments about the management.

Get real...would you seriously put Allen higher in the pecking order than Dunks, Alfie or Faz. He has scored one goal this season, (I think) a "walk in" after the Harboro keeper had miskicked in the last minute of a game already won. Yes he had one moment of magic v Cambridge.

As for Liburd, one goal and that against Woodford!! he is overwieght or unfit or lazy!! and to cap it all a whinger.And would you put him ahead or Gearing, Faz or Wiz.?

My only thought on the management side is that i thought the purpose of the under 21's was to A) help young players transition from under 18's B) Assist players recovering from injury C) give match time to fringe players. it is the last point that does not seem to happen very much.

We still have a very strong squad and probably one or two additions to come in the next few weeks.

An interesting point. Liberd overweight or unfit etc, and Wizz jumping ship too soon. I think Wizz's decision was based on the fact that Liberd, was picked ahead of him and he probably had the same thoughts as you..
I don't have any 'UnSocial network' accounts and do not access them for the reasons stated by many people, they are a source of negativity towards anything that is not flavour of the month..
Lessons should be learnt.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Living in the limelight those who wish to be must put aside the alienation, get on with the fascination (the real relation), the underlying dream. . .
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Both players have joined Long Buckby according to the UCL Facebook page. We'll be seeing them soon.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

BartonRaz wrote:Regarding the previous two posts, Nat has said himself that he's been released because of what he's said on Twitter.
To be fair to him, he says his tweets were not aimed at the club directly and he only vented his frustration when he was not being played and that his tweets are still there to prove that, surely he's not the first player in history to do that and I'm sure others in the squad have done that before and not been sacked because of it.

Its like people are suggesting that some fans have turned on the management, that's simply not true, I am merely looking at both sides of the story here and questioning whether the decision was the right one. If Nat's not telling us something on twitter, like there were other attitude reasons for the sacking then fine, the right decision has been made. Its just if the sacking has been merely due to a few frustrated tweets about not playing, then I'm not too sure I agree with the decision here, sacking him because of that seems OTT to me and I hope it doesn't affect team morale, perhaps a sit down to lay down the rules regarding social media would have been better? Sorry, its just my opinion, I'm sure in the past we've all agreed on here that the players and staff should not be completely immune from criticism?
sussexdiamond wrote:I only got home late last night and was shocked to read all the comments on this thread.

No one has suggested that about Lance as far as I can see and he hasn't done much this season cause he hasn't played much this season. To me the fact he's not a regular is irrelevant, he impressed whenever he came on last season, putting in lots of effort, taking the ball past players, scoring a few good goals, he's a great prospect and as seen on here a bit of a fans favourite.

And I think that's a bit harsh on Liburd now seeing as though he's now left and he's certainly not the only whinger in the squad, tbh I've seen far worse whinging at his teammates from another player in the squad. Personally I would put him ahead of Wizz, but that's irrelevant now seeing as they've both left.

Like I said I'm sorry to pursue this and that the fans are divided on this one and I am in NO way against the management or anything, I liked both players and am disappointed they've left which is why I'm not automatically agreeing with the decision here without question.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

The Club has entered a very grey area by releasing Nat and Lance. Other players have expressed disappointment in a similar way previously but have not been relieved of their duties. Personally after seeing Nat's tweet I took it as an incentive for him to improve himself to get a regular spot. If that tweet is the reason for his departure, then the Club has got it wrong IMO.

Lance has been very underrated during his time with us and I think given regular game time that will come back to haunt us.
Last edited by Diamond Warrior on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.