[ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Tue 14th Nov ] v K*ttering Town, KO 7:45pm SLCC2R HOME

Post by ParcelFace »

Seems to have properly riled up a few K*ttering fans on Twitter. Priceless :cheesy:

Well done the lads, the better team won :drinks:
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 pm Seems to have properly riled up a few K*ttering fans on Twitter. Priceless :cheesy:

I bet it did. I miss going on the Poppies Forum and seeing whats happening. They closed it down last season because of constant abuse of the manager.

Maybe someone could enlighten us just how many K*ttering players played in their last fixture. Several of them were very poor and had absolutely no ball control. The keeper was outstanding!!!!
HarryFlashman

Post by HarryFlashman »

Nice win against the old enemy.
The two lads up front impressed and will certainly cause teams trouble in the league and will get us goals. Mix of strength, pace, skill and intelligence combining well.
Bit of momentum starting to build. What a difference a few weeks can make.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times

Post by ParcelFace »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 pm Maybe someone could enlighten us just how many K*ttering players played in their last fixture. Several of them were very poor and had absolutely no ball control. The keeper was outstanding!!!!
I only make it 6 players starting tonight that started their last game - Howe and O'Connor weren't playing tonight which will have made our lives much easier.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 pm Maybe someone could enlighten us just how many K*ttering players played in their last fixture. Several of them were very poor and had absolutely no ball control. The keeper was outstanding!!!!
I only make it 6 players starting tonight that started their last game - Howe and O'Connor weren't playing tonight which will have made our lives much easier.
And we had 7 who started Saturday, so not much difference.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 pm
I made it 5 who started last time (keeper was changed last minute) and 4 who were on the bench last time.

A good run-out for us, they started well but when we got in our stride we deserved the win. They were poor in several areas.

Good to see Ashton back on the bench but I think Punter has played well and will be hard to displace. Difficult decisions coming up for AP - a nice position to be in though.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Say what you like about the competition (and tbf, I don't really care about it either), but beating them is always going to be pretty sweet, especially with the season they're having. Thought we could have been 3 or 4 down in 20 minutes and it was a bit worrying early on, but we held on, got a bit of luck (must have been one of the worst performances from a keeper I've seen in a long time from theirs) and put in a solid performance, Gyasi was amazing to watch :joy:

Good turnout as well, not loads from up the A6, no more than 100-150 I'd say, but it makes a welcome change to have an away crowd for once which made for a super atmosphere, this is why I'd love to see us and them meet in the league again and reignite the rivalry (and we can beat them some more) :clapping:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Well this is great news. Congrats all!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 pm Seems to have properly riled up a few K*ttering fans on Twitter. Priceless :cheesy:

They always do!

One of them said we only have four years of history, when actually it could be argued that have the combined history of four clubs dating back to 1889.
Rushden Town, Irthlingborough Diamonds, Rushden & Diamonds and now AFC Rushden & Diamonds.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

i'd forgotten history wins you matches. :clapping:
we seem to have an indian sign over them. :cheesy:
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50